Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Has anyone had a problem with the door lock sticking open?
The other day both myself and the wife went out, she got in the driver seat and I got in the passenger seat, closed the door as usual but when driving down the road the passenger door flew open, I grabbed the door closed but it wouldn't lock shut, when we pulled over I found the external handle was stuck in the out position, the handle has been stuck twice since, we will get it seen too, but it's not good that a simple fault could in effect cause someone to get hurt, what if kids had been in the back seat and it was the back door had the problem?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Happend to the wife twice the other day, just posted it, put some WD40 on to see if it sorts, could have been dangerous happened on a bend

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dekka said:
Happend to the wife twice the other day, just posted it, put some WD40 on to see if it sorts, could have been dangerous happened on a bend
Exactly what happened to us, going round a bend, thing is we didn't know it wasn't shut, no lights, nothing, it even sounded like it shut....

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's a bit frightening,best to be aware of that one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same for her no lndication the door was not shut had been driving a while when it opened, when she got home after two scares the handle had still not located correctly thats how I new what had caused it

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Crikey need to try that one but make sure hubby is sitting in the back without a seatbelt get the insurance money, kidding aside or not, as I carry precious cargo ( my daughter) I will give the doors a wee wd40 today

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wilma08 said:
Crikey need to try that one but make sure hubby is sitting in the back without a seatbelt get the insurance money, kidding aside or not, as I carry precious cargo ( my daughter) I will give the doors a wee wd40 today
I'm wondering if that's why it happened to me, after all she keeps telling me I'm worth more dead than alive

·
Registered
571 Posts
Pondpaul said:
wilma08 said:
I'm wondering if that's why it happened to me, after all she keeps telling me I'm worth more dead than alive

Behave you two.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Handle did it again, found that the part of the handle that comes out forces itself against the part that is fixed, seems that the handle is slightly loose and moves around....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Pondpaul said:
Handle did it again, found that the part of the handle that comes out forces itself against the part that is fixed, seems that the handle is slightly loose and moves around....

you need to take it to the garage its not safe for you or the kids

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took it this morning, they did the fuel pipe recall, told them about the door see if they have sorted it....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Is there any change of a photo?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Pondpaul said:
Took it this morning, they did the fuel pipe recall, told them about the door see if they have sorted it....
They have to sort it, it's dangerous ( another song came to mind by Limpbiskit )

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would urge everybody who has had this issue to report it to their dealer and make sure they report back to Vauxhall, as this is a potentially dangerous problem, and by doing so just may save someones life! It is this type of problem that manufacturers usually jump on pretty quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts