Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys does anybody know what diesel oil you put in 184 auto 13 plate I had iher serviced in May 2014 but the service light is going off and on a wee bit longer

·
Registered
586 Posts
Is it the oil light with spanner, I'm guessing it will be an oil change, I paid £110 at vauxhall then found that halfords do it for £69, someone on here recommended them

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Wilma I'm not too bad at the moment, if your service light is flashing off and on after 9000 miles I'd go back to where you had the service done and have a word with them you shouldn't have to change your oilso soon.How are you keeping

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm afraid that could be about right for an oil service if the car has been doing short journeys or has had a number of attempted regenerations. Any unused fuel injected during a regeneration finds its way back into the oil sump, thus thinning the oil and causing an 'oil quality' warning.

We had our 1st Oil Quality warning at around 10K; Oil & filter changed by local garage. Then the main service at around 19K (including oil & filter change). A second oil quality light came on at around 24K. It's all recorded somewhere within this forum under an 'Oil Quality' thread I think?

-LaZ-

(Found it: My older Thread here: http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/third-oil-change-in-a-year_topic1300_page1.html )

Edited by: Lazarus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.