Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,
I have a 2012 antara,but it doesnt have a trip computor,I seem to be the only owner on here without one.The question is ,how do I tell when a regen is taking place,as I havent noticed any smells. So far the only indication I get is when the orange light comes on.

Thanks in advance

regards Martin.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi Martin,

I have a May 2013 SENAV with a BC and I still never noticed when it's going through a regen I think the just is the fan stays on longer and a burning smell, their is a section in the forums that cover this subject, and Grumps and Dilligaf are good on this subject as well as coostail

·
Registered
257 Posts
Without trip computer, as said you may notice burning smell and maybe fan running on after stopping vehicle. If they all complete you wont even see any lights, only time lights on is if they haven't completed and you need to do something. So just drive and be happy :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
HoneyMonster said:
and maybe fan running on after stopping vehicle.

Our fan has started coming on for around 5-10 seconds when stopping last few times, absolutely no sign of a regen. I even took it out last night, 2 x 25mile runs, no regen attempt, -3 degrees outside, so I'd be surprised if it was getting too warm.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Have you got aircon on or windscreen demist button as that will keep fan running as well
Edited by: HoneyMonster

·
Registered
107 Posts
No, the air con is not on and I don't have a demist button, I didn't really think they would matter as I have the key in my hand and am outside the car when I notice the fan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts