Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased (new to me) 2012 Antara 14,000 miles 2.2 SE NAV CDTi164.I pick it up This coming Sunday. Reading the recalls on here I re checked with Garage that these will have been done (they say) ummmm. Also reading MPG I was a little shocked no one is getting any ware near the advertised average 42.8 ummmmm

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hi, Welcome and I know what u mean about published MPG's. Makers test vehicles on a rolling road,so no wind resistance. It isn't the best way,but at least you can compare vehicles against each other.Although my last car, a Mondeo, had the similar MPG figures asthe S max,but in reality they are very different.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi.

My 184 auto 4x4 does very poor mpg despite remap, more or less as expected (worst mpg model).
You should expect better than 25mpg with your 163 then, except my 184 ain't 184 any more and it is a trifle less thirsty now. I occasionally see 58mpg cruising on a motorway but I do not do many long journeys and the average drops right down again.

If you want a real 45mpg then you want a 1.4T Meriva.

There is an mpg thread.
http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/post-your-mpg-figures-here_topic285_page1.html
Some of the members measure their fuel with a pipette, me I just use the board computer (BC). I doubt many regularly get the high side of 42mpg average long term. There again, my DPF doesn't fur up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.