Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my new Antara on Saturday from the dealer and on route home could hear a regular ticking or clicking noise, after investigation by workshops they found that the oil in the diff contained swarf and it has been overheated and turned dark grey to black. Result one trashed diff with 60 miles on the clock.

Perrys were excellent they immediately contacted Vauxhall, received approval to replace, found a new unit, arranged delivery and set me up with a forecourt Antara, should be back on the road later in the week. Now thats what I call excellent service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Perrys eport diff being transported overnight to thr garage, with a good wind should be back on the road tomorrow afternoon. Now thats Perrys of Sittingbourne putting themslves to work for the customer

·
Registered
472 Posts
You're lucky they had an Antara on the forecourt, it is normally a courtesy car they give you which is normally something like a Corsa. Enjoy your car when you get it back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unit fitted and road tested tomorrow and then returned to me. I understand that there have been several failed diffs that the engineer had deal with. Not good !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Road test today showed that there is still a whirring noise from the diff area. Vauxhall are sending a field engineer tomorrow, I will meet him midday. Designed obsolescence?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Field engineer attended and found that the drop out clutch controlling the 4x4 had not been set up correctly, he adjusted it and everything now ok, what a saga!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You would have thought they would have road tested it and checked everything out before handing it over to you to ensure all was Ok!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts