Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, heading to work last Tuesday morning (5:30),on the A9 heading north towards Nigg bay doing 60mph I hit a deer. I thought I had wrecked the front of my Antara, got out the car and pulled the dead deer of the road then checked my car for damage, the only damage was the lower grill was cracked, priced new grill from vauxhall £96, can't beleve my luck that their was not a lot more damage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I live near a forest with lots of deer and an A road, more often than not a deer strike kills both the deer and the car!

·
Registered
365 Posts
A deer jumped out in front of me in Newquay afew years agowhen I had an X Trail and made quite a mess of the car,poor deer didn't survive.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well when I drove back the other way the police where still there and a butchers Land Rover!

·
Registered
121 Posts
There's probably some local law like there is in the borders for pheasant whereby if you hit it you can't take it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
stephenpm said:
There's probably some local law like there is in the borders for pheasant whereby if you hit it you can't take it.
Believe it or not the law states that if you hit and kill an animal on the road you are not allowed to stop and pick it upbut the car behind can.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2Dogs said:
Believe it or not the law states that if you hit and kill an animal on the road you are not allowed to stop and pick it upbut the car behind can.

I was never sure that was an actual law - just thought it was a local law! Sounded too preposterous!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts