Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has any one fitted the dedicated towing 13pin wiring kit .
Does it come complete has any got any pics

·
Registered
55 Posts
After a couple of failures with cheaper kits which turned out to be for LHD Opels - the reversing light and rear fog light are on opposite sides from the Vauxhall - I finally gave in and bought this.http://www.pfjones.co.uk/vauxhall-antara-13-pin-dedicated-wiring-kit-2007-on-29500566rc.html
From what I remember, I found the instructions difficult to understand initially but I got there without too much trouble in the end. The kit includes everything required including the second wiring loom which goes to the battery in the engine compartment at the front.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been down to dealers to ask if the dedicated connector that I have underneath the rear
Right side looking at car from back .if this is the one for the wiring to couple to .but no one seems to now they say its for the rear parking sensors if fitted .does any have a photo of what it looks like if possible .it has about 12pegs in the socket

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have a dedicated wire loom fitd. It is 13 pin and plugs into the cars loom via. a dedicated socket. Find it under the rear off side boot panel.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did a blub test on the socket underneath at rear .I found the socket as it lit the reverse
And indicator up so it must be the right scoket

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Order towbar and dedicated wiring kit today .hope to fit it on Saturday
If not raining .towbar ,al co ball,dedicated wiring kit ,£212 for parts .

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hi, Why not take some pics of the fitting and post on here?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fitted towbar from towsure.and dedicated wiring kit from pfjones.no need to code
Works fine took about 3hours on and off .for got to take pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts