Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my SE nav Antara since beginning December.just been looking through owners manual about DCS & noticed a caution about the system. It says " Use only when decending grades while off road & unnecessary usage on normal roads could damage the system". I thought when I was looking at the Antara it would be a good tool to use when towing. Does anyone use the DCS on normal roads?

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is used for driving down hill on mud or snow. Put the car in first then turn it on. It will control brake and throttle for you so take feet off the pedals it will drive up to 5 mph then put on brakes when you want to stop. You are thinking of diff lock . Some 4×4 have this switch but it only works up to 25 mph so no good for towing. The Antara will lock the diff if it needs to and have never had wheele spin when towing as connecting the electrics turns on tow asist . With tow asist on the car can lock rear diff when pulling away or going hard down with the throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.