Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving the Antara
Can anyone advise regarding which type of cycle rack would be suitable for the Antara, to carry 2 adult bikes? think the wife is trying to kill me - too much exercise!!!
We have a tow bar fitted, in case that makes any difference, thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Delta1 said:
Loving the Antara 
think the wife is trying to kill me  - too much exercise!!! 

If you have life insurance cover you can be certain of it!

THE BEST LIFE INSURANCE FOR A MARRIED MAN IS NO LIFE INSURANCE!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
SARIS BONES 3. I've tried lots of different bike racks over the years, both roof and tail, and this is the best yet. It is designed for 3 bikes but I use it for 2, providing a nice gap between. I regularly have £5-£6000 worth of bikes on mine. Great product and fits the Antara beautifully. Lifetime Warranty also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, can you tell me how you mount this to the car without damaging the spoiler? been looking for a rear mount carrier for a few weeks but the all would cause damage to the spoiler!Regards,

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi,i use Thule Velo Vise roof mounted ones but I also have a Thule tow ball mount one when I am not towing the caravan,the tow ball mount is so easy to use and you don't have to lift them anywhere near as high.

Chris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello Im juraj. I thinking about saris bones 2 bike carrier but I not sure if I need a light board or extra REG for my antara. can you help my withthis? thank you very much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, thank you very much. Checked your link SIRAS but what I looking for is SARIS. I checked their www but never find anything about light bord. But when I looking the pictures it looks like I need one. Dont have towbar and dont really need one so trying find cheaper solution for couple bikes. Thank you anyway juraj.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Paddymacs said:
Has anyone ever towed a caravan with a cycle rack for 2 bicycles on the back of the car?
It can be done, but don't forget the bikes weight has to come off the caravans nose weight. This may make the caravan un-stable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts