Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into having cruise control fitted to my 65plate Exclusive. Is it just a case of buying the stalk fitting & then tech2 to enable it?

Cheers in advanceEdited by: Bigmikeyc

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Just plug n play. I think if you search , there is a thread and photos of the process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So you got your BC activated all right then? (CC stalk won't activate on the basic Exclusiv without BC activated).
No.. just plugged it in and it worked - I don't think the CC is disabled via the BC - they just remove the extra button on the end of the stalk. (i read that somewhere in this forum)

I'm under the impression that VX manufacture base models for the trim .....
and what's optional tends to have everything activated other than the simple stuff on the BC (as it on or off) - a cheaper /quicker way rather than employing someone to tweak every car before it leaves.

well that's my impression anyway, its all about cutting back on additional work to scrape that ££ more profit.

Regards my BC - I've spoke with someone in South Wales (UK) on another forum (sorry - haha, I feel like I've cheated on you all) and he can sort me for 35 beer tokens - but needs the security code.
BUT unfortunately VX didnt see fit to add it to my Car Pass - so I may have to jump through further hoops to get it.
I did read somewhere that after 2016 VX started to remove the security code from the car pass but mine was registered MAR 2015 so another curve ball requiring more money no doubt ..
Unsure what year your Antara is (if you have one) do you have your security code?

cheers

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Just had a look at my GMC Car Pass cSep 2015 and it doesn't show any security code either, just the VIN, the Engine Type/No the Key No and the Radio Type/Code which is 7799. I guess you'll have to contact a Vauxhall dealer (with your credit card at the ready) to find your security code. Bummer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Victor,
The guy I found with an opcom suggested that he could pull the code with his Pro version may cost me a little more. I may though see if i can get some more info from VX workshop (and a possible freebie)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Trouble is the Vauxhall dealer might want you to book it in for a full diagnostic check to verify the security code, can't blame them for being cautious with the number of cloned cars there is out there.

Might be better if you bought the Opcom Pro then you would have it for diagnostics if (or when) warning lights start to flash up. Things like ABS, Airbag, Check Engine Light etc need Vauxhall-compatible diagnostics equipment to properly read the fault codes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
going to bite the bullet Victor and order the opcom as im sure it will come in handy - the seller on fleabay says a new version is out which will work without issue on 2015 and doesnt think i need the sec code to enable all the bc

fingers crossed then :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::oops::oops::oops::oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts