Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,i have just started experiencing the cooling fan coming on after every journey,i have the 2.2 diamond which has only done 4000 miles,this happened once after a couple of hundred miles then stopped but has now got more frequent any advice would be more than welcome cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
All modern diesels are fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter (dpf), this needs to be cleaned on a frequent basis.
Cleaning is automatic, but does need driver input for it to complete, this entails a 10 - 15minute trip at higher revs, above 2000rpm, for it to complete the regen.If it doesn't get done you will eventually get a warning lamp on the dash, this means that you must do a regen drive, as above promptly. If you leave it too many times the filter will eventually get clogged & possibly fail - unfortunately this is a costly repair.
The symptoms you noted are indicative of missed regens, really nothing to be overly concerned about, would recommend that you do a regen drive next time out.

Hope helps.

·
Registered
472 Posts
A regen is when your D.P.F. (diesel particulate filter ) needs cleaning, it is done automatically every
500- 520 miles if it does not complete it will keep trying until a yellowwarninglight comes on then it MUST BE DONE. When it is doing a regen your instantmpg readout will drop until it has completed. Once it starts to do a regen try not to let your rpm drop below 2000. it can take up to 20 mins to complete.

·
Registered
103 Posts
murphy1 said:
A regen is when your D.P.F. (diesel particulate filter ) needs cleaning, it is done automatically every
500- 520 miles if it does not complete it will keep trying until a yellowwarninglight comes on then it MUST BE DONE. When it is doing a regen your instantmpg readout will drop until it has completed. Once it starts to do a regen try not to let your rpm drop below 2000. it can take up to 20 mins to complete.[/QUOTE
Every 500 miles?? I have only done 2650 in mine and it has done 11 complete regens...... VX have checked it and said this is fine!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi PHil
We have a year old antara and I have just got a new ford transit custom van. The van has the latest ford PDF system and does more regens than the antara. I use it every day for 25 miles each way to work so get a good run. I have not had any problems with the dpf but it is no better than the vauxhall. We had a bmw mini countryman with the bmw Diesel engine before the antara and that was just the same.
The dpf thing is a pain but need the Diesel engines for pulling power I hope someone comes up with a better idea soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.