Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Victor,
Just to update i have Done 6 for local owners up to now, to remove the internal gear , refit casing , driveshaft ect and new oil it costed at £200 , had two out of the six that need the casing repaired , havnt got an alloy welder so outsouced the casing to a local welder and that added £50 approx,
The cars drive normal afterwards just fwd only with no warning lamps.
Matt

Edited by: Mattlcfc

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in the same boat tbh. Antaraless , wife fancied a mini convertible....in the winter.
. I order the oil from the reg number from vauxhall Victor, the vauxhall trade club works out cheaper than the local factor tbh. What comes goes in.
TOP TIP. vauxhall batteries are always worth checking if you need one. Any make of car. I cant find anyone that can compete with them on price,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry all been busy, 25 is the gear that chews through the casing so thst is the one i remove, done plenty with no problems , it may be an insurance issue as you are modifying the drivetrain but that is down to yourself if you feel you need to inform them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Easiest way is remove rear prop and os driveshaft, unbolt and remove 31, that releases 35, remove end plate after draining AND discarding old oil, 24 and 25 will now be free but most of the time 24 stays there, use 25 as a new door stop and rebuild with some sealer on plate, if its cracked ideal time to get welded. Get your oil from vauxhall and refill. I would recommend refitting prop and leaving the other rear shafts, Jobs a goodun.
Tbh if you are reasonably handy you should have it sorted on a sunday and should beable to slip it back together in half the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts