Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have declared my rear cluster problem to VX but they have said that because the condensation goes after 30 mins of lights being on then it is acceptable....!?
I beg to differ so I have had my local dealer take photos and send them to VX. I shouldn't have to spend thousands of £ and have to "accept" the rear clusters condensating when it rains or when I wash it!?

This has really got my back up. I personally think that they should be replaced under warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nathan, I had the same problem the first year I had my Antara so the cluster was replaced under warrant. Yesterday my car was in due to an emissions fault, during the routine safety check it was discovered that my reversing light was not working. Following a £80 inspection they found that due to condensation build up all the connections had turned green and consequently shorted the system. This was rectified by clearing the condensation. I enquired if the cluster was damaged but told no, but no explanation as to why the problem arose. I was told if it happens again then a new light cluster would be required. If this is the case I will be seeking a replacement as part of my life time warranty. Just wondering how you have got on?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Turning green is copper corrosion obviously. This time of year is damp. Add damp to copper and mix in a little electricity and you have instant corrosion. You cannae break the laws of chemistry.

Squirting the connections back of the cluster with some silicon grease would probably cure that for good and ever, that or "Damp Seal" if you can still find it.

Damp getting in to cluster. It's held on by two screws. Take it off and clean the seals. Dress them with some silicon grease, AG "Rubber and Vinyl" or Vaseline. Reassemble, make sure fit is snug onto the seals (don't over-tighten little screws they are not wheel nuts). Keep muck out.

The cluster gubbins is on the inside of the car: run the heater with the a/c on to keep the interior nice and dry.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Noticed my drivers side rear light has heavy condensation in it at the top, no sign of water getting in as there's no puddles inside but there's no way it would clear even with the lights on for hours... Not sure if it's just one of those things with the cold weather or its faulty..

·
Registered
215 Posts
YES TWINCE I 2 WEEKS BOTH REAR CLUSTER MISTED UP.TOLD THE SAME BY VX ,IF IT GOES AFTER 30 MIN THEN ITS OK.BUT NOT HAPPY .ITS GOING BACK FOR WARRANTY WORK ON MONDAY SO WILL TELL THEM AGAIN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.