Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fault on my 2007 antara, the offside rear tail light goes out when you apply the brake and you only have nearside brake light and high level brake light.

Any thoughts

·
Registered
213 Posts
There may be many possibilities but, the simplest is that merely a blown brake bulb can cause this. Have you checked/replaced the bulb?
It could also be a bulb socket problem such as a short, or damp. You could use a multimeter to check for a voltage drop or earth.

-LaZ-

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Im pretty sure you have a blown brake light bulb. The canbus system is designed to use one of the tail lights if a brake light fails. strange but true. check the bulbs out and everything will go back to normal

·
Registered
104 Posts
enquisiter said:
I have a fault on my 2007 antara, the offside rear tail light goes out when you apply the brake and you only have nearside brake light and high level brake light.

Any thoughts
If you check the bulbs are ok, then you have an earth fault in the light fitting. When you put the brakes on the voltage in the earth circuit goes high and the current from the tail light has no potential difference to allow it to flow, so the light goes out.

But as others have said, check the bulbs first. If not clean up all the earth connections on the lamp fitting including the brake light bulb holder

Grumps, I don't know about the face lift models, but the 2007 models definitely don't use can-bus for the lights.

Andy

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I restore classic motorcycles (for fun !). usually most wiring problems are bad earths or connections.Check the bulb,as mentioned first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts