Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning was fun!I noticed that the brake pedal wasnt as responsive as usual when i attempted to slow down for a junction. When I did manage to stop it the pedal was on the carpet. I pumped the pedal which brought it back up and slowly it went all the way down again under light pressure.
When I put it on a brake roller tester, the brake pressure builds up on the front brakes, but as the pedal drops, the nearside front brake stops working.
Guess its heading back to the dealer again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:Car has fixed itself by the time Vauxhall assistance turned up. Had I not confirmed it with 4 other staff here in the motor vehicle department in the college I teach in I would have thought I was cracking up!
But........
There has been a previous recall I have since found out with identical symptoms.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=FB5C3C9B3BD6AB4080257A6F002EF355&freeText=Blank&tx=

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good call but not quite, most likely a stuck valve in the abs control module. Earlier models were recalled for this fault.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am showing my age! I had completely forgotten that a car as modern as an Antara has several gizmos plumbed into the brakes, despite having called on the stability program, the ABS and traction control all in the first year.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Strange as it sounds it is normal for you to be able to put gentle pressure of the brake pedal and it will travel all the way to the floor. Apparently this is normal for this type of braking system.

Obviously you experienced some other braking issues which annoyingly fixed itself but you are going to worry that it comes back again.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
sg_frost said:
Good call but not quite, most likely a stuck valve in the abs control module. Earlier models were recalled for this fault.
Had exact fault that you describe on my wifes Chrysler grand voyager and as you say ABS module was to blame. £87 from ebay,but only after new master cylinder,discs,and pads £685 inc. labour
Note to self: NEVER NEVER buy a Chrysler

Edited by: chrisg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.