Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Antara 6 days and noticed today the boot cover rattling - it's extremely annoying!

Anyone else had this / know how to resolve it? It seems to be doing it out and retracted.

Thanks

Stephen

·
Registered
448 Posts
You sure it's the cover ?, I've had an annoying boot rattle from new, it's the boot latch, by adjusting the rubber stoppers I can quieten it down but hit a good sharp bump in the road and it's still there..I think the side of the metal latch on the boot lid must just touch the metal loop on the car.. Too late for Any dealer action and they would only knacker something else trying to fix it...Edited by: SJG

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm reasonably sure - will check by removing it and see if it goes away. If it's not the latch that will completely resolve it, and it's not like I'd use it all the time anyway. I'll be sure to double check. How easy was it to adjust the rubber stoppers?

·
Registered
782 Posts
If it's not any of the things mentioned so far, you might want to check the rear seatbelts. Depending on how they are hanging, the buckles can knock against the body work, especially when going overbumps in the road,and it can sound as though it's coming from the boot area.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already had that issue! There are small flaps of leather I have to sit the rear seat belts in to stop them from rattling around and hitting off the doors - you'd think that they'd be better designed...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, Andrew, made me laugh! :)

I was out for a bit yesterday and noise seems to have stopped on its own, so have no idea what's going on. I did tighten the boot cover by pressing the bottom of it towards the front of the car, so not sure if that's what it is. I had a wee look and I see the stoppers you're referring to SJG so if I need to know I know what to do - thanks :)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Rattles are my pet hate so i can sympathize with you.

To track it down you can connect the seatbelts into the buckles if it still rattles its not them. Remove the boot cover altogether to rule it out. it may also be the rear seats so fold them down to check if the rattle disappears. The boot lid is the next obvious place to look so as posted above give the stops a turn to tighten the boot up. if none of the above works and your Antara is new its back to the dealer to let them deal with it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds sensible Grumps - thanks. :)

I was out on my own in the car last night and I think that partly it might be my son's isofix car seat - when I get a chance I'll work on a process of elimination approach as you've suggested - thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had an issue where I found the back seats were sitting rights against the bar that the boot cover rolls up into so I adjusted the angle of the back seats a bit so there's now a gap between the seats and the bar but the noise went away. I'd had my seats down so had put it all back up and that's how they ended up touching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.