Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my diesel antara has a lot of black smoke from the exhaust when under pressure, when accelerating. It then clears. 2 garages have now had a look and they can't find the fault. There are no warning lights on at all however it does accelerate slower than it did. I have tried the turbo cleaners etc but still have the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas please I have no idea what to do next, it has only done 66k miles. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi my diesel antara has a lot of black smoke from the exhaust when under pressure, when accelerating. It then clears. 2 garages have now had a look and they can't find the fault. There are no warning lights on at all however it does accelerate slower than it did. I have tried the turbo cleaners etc but still have the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas please I have no idea what to do next, it has only done 66k miles. Thanks
Hi just to add to my original post, if anyone can help at all. I have now had the car at 4 different garages and none of them can find any fault. There are no warning lights on, they have checked the pipes and the injectors and they are not finding any issues at all. when you accelerate the exhaust blows a lot of black smoke out and then it stops when you get upto speed, also if you go into 6th gear it can seem very laboured. can anyone help at all please? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi just to add to my original post, if anyone can help at all. I have now had the car at 4 different garages and none of them can find any fault. There are no warning lights on, they have checked the pipes and the injectors and they are not finding any issues at all. when you accelerate the exhaust blows a lot of black smoke out and then it stops when you get upto speed, also if you go into 6th gear it can seem very laboured. can anyone help at all please? thanks
Hi had the same look at intercooler turbo boost hose hard to see but it splits and as it is covered by a kevlar sleeve you will not see it until you remove it, you have to remove battery tray for access do not get part from main agent get of ebay from eastern europe can buy individual hose there there are 2 actually but normally only 1 goes vauxhall modified the part have tobuy the whole shebang from them about £300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts