Antara Owners Club banner

Best Car ever Owned/Driven

11K views 43 replies 29 participants last post by  yelparethree 
#1 ·
What is the best car that you have ever owned or driven ?

Edited by: Antarius

#27 ·
wilma08 said:
Dilligaf said:
Dan said:
Dilligaf said:
Believe it or not Rover 400 1997. I bought it six months old and kept it for nine years. Cost me £900 for its 8th year service as it needed timing belts changing, a new battery and a suspension coil replacement. Every other service no problem. Very comfortable car to drive and part exchanged it with over 90, 000 on the clock.

I was just about to put Rover 400 down as the worst car I have ever owned! Unbelievable the amount of problems I had with it. 
There were 2 models of the 400 series and mine was the one they rebadged as the 45 and was a 2litre diesel.
It just proves how different the same model can be
I had a 53 ZT 1.8 turbo purchased new I loved it because it was great at hugging the bends when driving at speed that's when I was able to use a clutch and change gears hubby bought me for my 40th but it had a problem from the beginning oil leaked from the top end of the sill I think or top end of the engine, The dealers could never tighten up the bolts enough it still done it for the three years I had it ( the engine went just a month after it was three K series engine )
But the best car was the Ford Explorer we had that car for 13 years best 4x4
We also had a 2.6 v6 Vectra that was fun to

#29 ·
i think my best car is a very close joint when i was 21 way back had a vw jetta gti 16v tuned to 185bhp and loved that car but so did the theiving scum that took it and my last car a vectra sri cdti 16v tuned to 187bhp with full vxr pack including the 19 inch alloys for a diesel it flew nothing touched it due to the torque and still did 45mpg locally only bought antara for the 4x4 as in snow vectra was parked up and with a deaf austistic boy we needed to get anywhere anytime

#32 ·
Hard to call, had lots of fun cars, all with difference that suited the time or circumstance required. The few that I would pick out overall, when I was younger 16v Cavalier SRi, hell of a car at 19! Astra GTE 16v a few years later, such fun, but getting on a bit, wished I`d owned that first. Went through a descent V6 Calibra running N2O, that was quite fun, and very reliable.

Ventured to a Subaru for a try, failed at first, then discovered a JDM STi Spec C, 5 years of ownership, Sooo much fun, umpteen track days, Very strong and reliable despite the rep these cars have. My main problem was I kept snapping rear drive shafts, but it was at 448bhp and 1250kg by the end of it, fastest thing I`ve ever had, ran the quarter in high 11`s. Got too fussy for the road, so I swapped for my current VXR8, thought I would never better the impreza, but found out even with less speed you can have more fun, and actually be comfy whilst doing it too! A year later and I couldn`t decide between the two! :)

#34 ·
Best car we had ever driven without a doubt was the Ford Explorer that 4x4 was kept the longest we have ever kept a car and that was 13 years although it was low mileage the highest you would get was 24 miles to gallon the lowest would be around 17 or 18 miles to gallon so it was a guzzler on the petrol road tax was around £200 odd pounds but the comfort , and the drive ability of that car was exempt, loved that car.

#35 ·
For me the best car I have ever owned was dealer demo 94 L plate Audi 80 sport, fantastic build quality never missed a beat in 5 yrs & 125k miles of ownership, interior and exterior looked as good as when I bought it much better than either the 320 or 190 I had owned previous both of which where good cars.
Having worked with motors most of my working life I have driven some really nice motors including supercars however the best car I have driven the car that always leaves a smile on my face is the MK1 MX-5.

The worst car I have ever owned was a 91 Mk2 cavalier 1600L only had it 2 months awful car.

#36 ·
The best for me was a Vauhall Astra 2.0l Turbo old shape curvy one nippy good fun and good value.
I loved it so much that I got a couple of VXR astras for the next two cars ,even though they were quicker and designed to be more agile they were never as much fun as that 2.0l turbo.

#42 ·
Sadly my previous cars were pretty much all boring/rubbish.

The best fun was the Rover 620Ti. Very quick car,who expects a Rover to crack 60 in 7 secs ? Had some great fun leaving so called premium cars in my wake. Massively comfortable car to drive as well, very relaxed.Economy wasn't too bad either at 35mpg. Mind you I did half fill once and exploited her fully on every trip; the resulting 12 to the gallon wasn't unexpected.

Stillgot that sat on the drive pondering whether to fix her up, uprate her,or sell her on.

#43 ·
Pinkie15 said:
Sadly my previous cars were pretty much all boring/rubbish.

The best fun was the Rover 620Ti.  Very quick car, who expects a Rover to crack 60 in 7 secs ? Had some great fun leaving so called premium cars in my wake.  Massively comfortable car to drive as well, very relaxed.  Economy wasn't too bad either at 35mpg.  Mind you I did half fill once and exploited her fully on every trip; the resulting 12 to the gallon wasn't unexpected.

Still got that sat on the drive pondering whether to fix her up, uprate her, or sell her on.
I had a MG ZT 1.8T same as rover it was a 53 plate that was a good comfy drive to in fact I loved the look of that car ( poor mans Jag) they would say
it was spritly at the take off to, hubby did not want me to get it cause rover were in trouble at the time, but I did not listen I loved the smooth looks of it plus I had the tram lines put down the sides like the rover it was silver ( yes I broke the trend from white for me that was a big thing
) the car was just under three years old when the engine went K series engine MG had problems with them, done about 31000 miles so I exchanged it for the Pathfinder, what a laugh that was car looked in perfect nick so the day came to exchange it the engine went had about ten two litre bottles water to keep it going to I got to Nissan took my big Rottweiler with me kept it in the car so that the sales man would not be able to check the car signed the papers got dog out quickly put her into new car and drove away hehe they had a dud on there hands what a shame think I got about £6000 part exchange for it
that's only the short version Edited by: wilma08

#44 · (Edited)
In modern times, probably the best car I have owned is a 2009 Ford Focus. I bought it in 2013 when it already had over 100,000 miles. It was gold in color. I only bought it because I needed a second car. It had been on the lot for over a year. I ended up really liking the color and the car. It was spacious, efficient, and fun to drive for a cheap small car. The thing is super-reliable. jiofi.local.html forpc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.