Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just got back from All Hallows nr Rochester, had a great time except for the journey down. Should have arrived about 2 o'clock but didn't get there until 7. Some ******* idiot decided he was going to turn off the roundabout in the same lane as me. Got him on the dash cam (COST £10)cutting in front of me.
Trouble was the Antara didn't make it any further it had to be transported back. Have now been informed by the repairers that all parts needed are on order but they don't know when they will get a new wheel as guess who hasn't got one in stock. YOU ONLY GET 1 GUESS.
Edited by: murphy1

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Wilma, we are both O.K. as you say PEED OFF we are off to the lakes Friday, hope the car is back by then. Mileage allowance for the hire car is 75 per day with an excess of 50p per mile. Got a VW Sharan2.0 diesel auto,filled it up Thursday night before coming home. Has a 70 ltr tank used about 16 ltrs (3.5 gallons)to get home 200 miles, saved a bit of money on diesel.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
murphy1 said:
Thanks Wilma, we are both O.K. as you say PEED OFF we are off to the lakes Friday, hope the car is back by then. Mileage allowance for the hire car is 75 per day with an excess of 50p per mile. Got a VW Sharan 2.0 diesel auto, filled it up Thursday night before coming home. Has a 70 ltr tank used about 16 ltrs (3.5 gallons) to get home 200 miles, saved a bit of money on diesel.
That's about 180 miles did you have to pay for the hire car ? How is the Sharon to drive then, are you managing to get in and out ok, so economy better then, is it a contender

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Sharon iseasy to get in & out of, not as high as the Antara. No I didn't have to pay for the hire motability insurance covers that. It's only the bog standard modelso no cruise control & no parking sensors not awd either. loads of room with the back seats down, my scooter is over 1meter long and that goes straight in with room to spare. Easy to drive but not as comfortable as the antara. Also has stop/start. M.P.G worked out about 57 to the gallon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.