Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have done some research on the forum and I found lots of info regarding problems with the battery and I’m a bit lost where to start.

I have an 2012 Antara 4x4 CDTi

About 1 year ago, I had problems with the battery and I just replaced it and it seemed to be working fine until now.

For about 4 months the car is making a squeaking belt noise or bearing noise but I didn’t bother to look at it as the car in general was ok.

This morning I took my wife to the supermarket and on the way back I noticed some lights started popping up on the dash along with the battery light.

I have one of the car chargers that shows the battery voltage and it was currently at 10.2v and dropped to 9.8v. When I stooped the car I could not immediately start again.

As I was thinking where to start the battery went back up to 11v and I could start the car again but immediately went back to 10.2 and went on dropping again.

Where should I start?

My first thought is the alternator but I have read that the starter motor can be a problem as well.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I’ve had this problem.. also replaced battery and was fine for a while now it starts sometimes, totally dead other times and sometimes just sounds like it’s struggling. Had alternator and started checked my local garage think bad dmf so that is getting replaced next week!!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the alternator and the cable was burnt. I called a Vauxhall dealer and they informed me there was a warranty cover for that that ended in 2020. Maybe you have the same issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts