Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone experienced back problems after driving for long periods (excess of 5 hrs)?Maybe just me. I have a Diamond edition with the std. leather seats.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A fairly common problem, trouble is there are as many different shapes of back as there are people! No seat is going to fit everyone no matter how much adjustment thereis, I have been known to walk into a main dealership with SWMBO and walk out after 10 minutes just because one of could not get comfortable. There is no way we would even look at a car if it did not pass the comfort test. It is certainly worth consulting your
GP though, just in case there is an underlying issue. It is probably worth trying sitting closer or further from the wheel than you normally would do. For me, sitting a little bit closer, in the car I had at the time, solved the problem entirely

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have the same model and done at least 20 trips over 3hrs driving each time and had no problems. At the moment I have a VW Sharan hire car, drove to the Lake district a couple of weeks ago and was glad to pull into the services on the M6 so I could have a walk around.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I love my ANTARA SENAV the seats are comfortable but due to my medical issues I can drive no longer than an hour or hour half without pain, although The gear box is automatic and I don't need to use the clutch I still have loads of pain, on the othier hand my husbands Captiva's car seats are more confortable than the ANTARA this could be due to the fact they are part leather although his car is also automatic.
The worse car I had ever driven was the pathfinder although it was top speck the gear box was terrible the seats were a disaster I could never get comfortable it was terriable.
the best car seat was in the ford explore the seats were leather but wider than the Antaras as I have a big fat ass lol that's all I am going to disclose hehe
Edited by: wilma08

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had a Ford Smax previously which was really comfortable and good to drive. However have found the Antara really comfortable especially on long trips even though I am over 6 feet tall. Had a long trip in a Ford Kuga recently and found it really uncomfortable mainly due to the shortness of the squab of the seat which is more important than people think. I was considering buying one before the Antara and pleased I didn't.

Finally I have just had four days driving an Astra and forgot how low ordinary saloon cars are. This did give me back ache and I was pleased to get my Antara back! 😀

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Liddy said:
Had a Ford Smax previously which was really comfortable and good to drive. However have found the Antara really comfortable especially on long trips even though I am over 6 feet tall. Had a long trip in a Ford Kuga recently and found it really uncomfortable mainly due to the shortness of the squab of the seat which is more important than people think. I was considering buying one before the Antara and pleased I didn't.

Finally I have just had four days driving an Astra and forgot how low ordinary saloon cars are. This did give me back ache and I was pleased to get my Antara back! 😀
Cool

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have arthritis in every joint and spondylitis in neck and back. I find the SE NAV electric seat extremely comfortable, certainly as good as the top end old Benz I had before.

In fact I chose this model Antara because it was one of the few seats I find comfortable and can reposition whilst driving.

Wife likes the seats too, particularly the heaters whereas I find that like being scalded and would prefer them to be cooled ice-cold because men get rid of excess heat from their upper backs and black leather doesn't help the process.

Btw, a "squab" is a young pigeon, make sure you sit on the right thing

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I am disabled with back problems nerve problems, I can't drive longer than an hour anymore but having the electric seat is great for getting in and out plus the hight plus if you have a fat
like mine it is useful, the only problem I have is that I have short legs, so next time if I am able to drive anymore as my hands are getting bad with pain and tingling, I would look at extensions on the peddles and something on the steering wheel.
My daughter suffers from Reynaulds so she loves the heated seats, and at times I do.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I must say that after adjusting the seat back to a nearer vertical position ,my back has been a lot better.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Drove back to Preston,Lancashire from Exmouth,Devon in one go with 45min lunch break and 2 10min toilet breaks with the van on the back with no problem and I had to give up work due to a bad back. I find the Antara driving position the best of all my previous cars including Insignia, Vectra, and Omega.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know that the police have had a lot of traffic officers go on the sick with bad backs. many of them were Omega drivers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.