Antara Owners Club banner

Back at the dealer again

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  KenB 
#1 ·
Well so far I am a bit disappointed. In the first week I had to take it back because the full beam headlights were not working. Then on Friday the service engine light came on. So now it will be back in again on Wednesday.

I am hoping to take my caravan on holiday in a couple of weeks and I am starting to get a bit concerned.

#2 ·
Hi HugoRune

I hope they manage to sort it for you.

I had mine back too. ( had it a month now )
Nothing too serious - the external plastic door trim was gaping and I had a new one fitted.

I was disappointed after I picked up mine as the engine compartment was covered in white powder.
Obviously the valeting people didn't do a good job.
(still unsure how it got there !! )
I spent over an hour cleaning it myself and after complaining I was given half a tank of fuel as compensation.

#4 ·
Hopefully it will be something simple.

I had a Signum before my present Antara and when I first towed with it the engine management light came on when we were travelling up to the Lake District. I stopped - tried the engine again - the warning light was off.
Started to become a problem on the return journey.
Long story short ...... it turned out to be a small plastic tube that was part of the vacuum system. Cost about 50p to replace.

The engine management warning is not always serious

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.