Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if im reading this wrong but some time back when i was looking to buy my antara, im sure i read that you can get a auto with start stop,but wasnt sure. i have just been on the vx site and it shows a auto with s/s now, as mine is this years car will it have the s/s on my auto. or when did this start to be brought in?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Smino

I was just looking at the Vehicle Spec for the Antara 2013 but its only saying that the manual diesels are available with start stop at the moment.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but if u look at vx.co.uk and look at the options for say motabiltiy and there showing fwd, awd, and then awd with auto and s/s

·
Registered
659 Posts
smino said:
Yes but if u look at vx.co.uk and look at the options for say motabiltiy and there showing fwd, awd, and then awd with auto and s/s

Hi Smino, don't believe a e word that is written on the Vauxhall website as they upload information that is incorrect and leave it there until someone questions it.

At the tail end of last year, they uploaded new information and specs for the new trim levels (Diamond x 2) as well as some additional equipment for the Exclusiv and SE NAV.

One of the additions that appeared online was that each of the models would have a "spare wheel" instead of the "goo".

From memory and I have no wish to go "over there" to check, Inchindown contacted Vauxhall customer services to inquire as he had plans to purchase and wheel and tyre as a spare. He was told that it was an error and that it shouldn't be there.

After that, other people mentioned and highlighted other false information that appeared on the website but again, what they were, I honestly couldn't say.

·
Registered
659 Posts
To answer Smino's question, does any member or guest who owns a 2013 Vauxhall Antara with an automatic gearbox, confirm or deny that it came with Stop/Start, either as standard or as an option ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes they did that to me last year when i was going to purchase a insignia se. it was to come with larger wheels n tyres.(forget the size now) but after ordering it and paying deposit they changed there minds and said that the brochure had been changed and them tyres are no longer avail. alsd some other faults with them so i didnt buy it

·
Registered
96 Posts
My Antara is a 2013 reg and automatic and I do not have start stop on it nor was it offered, I asked dealer at the time that vx put it on website but he said he could not see how it could be done on an automatic.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ianoak said:
My Antara is a 2013 reg and automatic and I do not have start stop on it nor was it offered, I asked dealer at the time that vx put it on website but he said he could not see how it could be done on an automatic.

Cheers Ian, how are you enjoying your Antara ?

//John

·
Registered
659 Posts
smino said:
yes they did that to me last year when i was going to purchase a insignia se. it was to come with larger wheels n tyres.(forget the size now) but after ordering it and paying deposit they changed there minds and said that the brochure had been changed and them tyres are no longer avail. alsd some other faults with them so i didnt buy it

If I were really concerned about the fuel consumption of the Antara, I could just about accept the difference between Vauxhall's published figures and owners actual figures as there are many things to be factored in.

What does enrage me is when companies such as Vauxhall provide false and misleading descriptions of their products and then hide behind the "its a website error" answer.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Stop start on autos is still pretty much under development If you google the subject.

Normally it works on a manual when the clutch is pressed so for obvious reasons it needs to work in another way on Autos.

Because the USA has set a time for all cars to have it fitted by 2017 I'm sure it will be out very soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
To be honest, and having had my Antara for only a week, stop start is something I could easily live without. It seems to operate on a completely random basis - one trip it will operate every time, the next trip, even if only a short while later, it will not operate at all! The list of "conditions" in the manual under which it should work are fairly random also! Not a problem as such, just a little peculiarity which makes each trip unique!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts