Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jacqueline. I recently purchased 2011 Antara 2.2 SE CDTi 4x4. Love the car, apart from the mpg but knew that before I purchased. Averaging 38mpg. However today the radio/cd/nav system will just not come on for no apparent reason? Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance,
Jacqueline

·
Registered
137 Posts
First not so silly question is "is it switched on"?

That means is it powering up at all or just completely dead when the engine is running.
Did you try pressing the button?
On some of these systems it is possible to disable the automatic start-up, one has to push the button or put a CD in.
The steering wheel controls can inadvertently mute the system.

Second is which model Infotainment system is it?
Is it a SE NAV in which case it should be same model year as mine (and your mpg is remarkably good) i.e. the "Touch & Connect" system or do you have the "CD30" or one of the other add-on options?

If completely dead then the usual suspect is a fuse. They do just blow sometimes but always check why it blew if possible. Sometimes radio systems have an additional "in line" fuse at the back of the radio, well and truly hidden behind the dash.

Edited by: jefrs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Thanks for coming back to me. Yes have tried all variations of pressing the power button, pressing and holding down but no activity on the screen whatsoever. It is an SE Nav, more than likely a fuse then - will get the other half to investigate.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Thanks again!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately was purchased from a local independent dealer, but came with a three month warranty - will revert to them. Thanks!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Jacqueline welcome to the club, I would take it back to where you bought it and get them to sort it out.I have the 2013 diamond auto and getting about 27 mpg urban, yours must be the manual to get those figures.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum you are doing well to get 38mpg I also have a 2011 model and struggle to get 27 round town and 34 on a long motorway run.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My wifes car had the same issue. Googled fuse layout and found mini fuse had blown. Maybe something that simple. Loving the MPG figures

·
Registered
137 Posts
Jacqueline said:
Unfortunately was purchased from a local independent dealer, but came with a three month warranty - will revert to them. Thanks!
Have you got the radio fixed yet?

I like your 38mpg too. Is yours the 163PS engine?

Mine is the 184PS Auto6 4x4 (the worst mpg model) which was giving me 23mpg before the remap. Now I am seeing it nudge over 30mpg average for the first time but much smoother delivery of a fair bit more grunt too.
I have never seen (or smelt) my DPF regenerate but I have been told, which I believe, that if you run these engines too gently, they do not get hot enough and will certainly clog up the DPF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts