Antara Owners Club banner

Where do you buy your fuel? (and do you get decent MPG?)

• Asda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tesco

• Sainsbury

• Another place

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can do a number of days doing short runs intermitted by a long run so find it hard to get an average figure. I can get between 26mpg on short runs to 39mpg on long runs on asda deisel.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Tesco for me , and only because it's on my way to work .I used asda fuel few times and I think mpg was a bit worst like on other fuel.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry folks seems like the voting system isn't working right at the moment but feel free to post...

I know what you mea Gordon, I got 10p off a litre at Tesco last night, saved me a fiver!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I have just bought a 2012 2.2 4wd and so faram very pleased. I had a Freelander sport auto before which only run on good fuel BP or Shell super. Any cheap supermarket fuel, especially Tesco or caused it to run lumpy, misfire and give out plumes of black smoke. With the good stuff there was no problem and it ran smoothly. I believe it had something to do with the cetanes in old diesel before the clean air brigade back in 2005. My point is instead of paying a premium on good diesel I can now use any cheap supermarket fuel and get a lot better consumption than before. I have enjoyed reading the forums and will continue to do so
best regards

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't vote either but as we don't have Tesco or Asda within eithera 40 or 65 milesingle trip sohave to make do locally with Esso, though when travelling further afield will use any of the big supermarkets, over 40k miles not really noticed any difference in the fuel economy, always around the 33 to 37 mpg average unless towing then its 22 - no matter which fuel
Ali

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well i try to use Shell. I find the car runs much better and i get a few extra MPG.When i have the van on the back and need fuel i sometime have to use tesco or asda depending on where i am. I try not to use supermarket fuels too much but some times you just cant get away from using them.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Between Asda and tesco, tesco if I have money off per gallon but Asda if I have ran out off money off as the Asda up my way is a self service so is Cheeper because of that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.