Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Like, I suspect, most others here, I have seen this before. IMHO, it is one of the better reviews of the car but that is not saying much. The Antara has received a lot of undeservedly bad press!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Spantara said:
Like, I suspect, most others here, I have seen this before. IMHO, it is one of the better reviews of the car but that is not saying much. The Antara has received a lot of undeservedly bad press!

Spantara that's the first i have seen this small review, he looks more like a Ford Focus man to me

were i stay the main part to were i drive is a B road and the car is great along that bite of road, the car is so good at not rolling when going round the stiff sharp bends that i have to go round It is a shame the car seems to get midi oaker reviews as i feel the Antara is more worthy of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I think alot of the poor reviews are a result of the pre facelift model. Reviewers getting into tge new car with preconcieved ideas. it Takes a brave reviewer to rate a previously poor performing car. And let's be honestThe mk1 was not exactly polished.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Baza55 said:
I think alot of the poor reviews are a result of the pre facelift model. Reviewers getting into tge new car with preconcieved ideas. it Takes a brave reviewer to rate a previously poor performing car. And let's be honestThe mk1 was not exactly polished.
That is true Baza, but when a reviewer is reviewing something should it not be with a open mind and without preconceived ideas due to a previouse item being not to the standard that the users feel it should be, and that the new model should be reviewed as if that item has been brought out for the first time. Hence giving a true and unbious review that should actually be given. If you see what I mean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Any reviewer who commences a review process blinkered by previous experience of earlier models is not worth his salt as a reviewer. It is tantramount to a doctor diagnosing a patient with cancer because the previous patient he examined had cancer!

The car business inherited the bad reputation of yesteryears' horse traders and, over a period of 100 years, they have done little to improve that reputation. Unfortunately, car reviewers seem also to fall into the same catagory.

It never ceases to amaze me that car manufacturers, who are spending fortunes on advertising and promotional events, are prepared to put their reputations on the line by not tackling inaccurate reporting by reviewers and journalists. To that, one can also add unserious dealers and poor customer relations and service.

Maybe things will improve but I am not holding my breath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Spantara said:
Any reviewer who commences a review process blinkered by previous experience of earlier models is not worth his salt as a reviewer. It is tantramount to a doctor diagnosing a patient with cancer because the previous patient he examined had cancer!

The car business inherited the bad reputation of yesteryears' horse traders and, over a period of 100 years, they have done little to improve that reputation. Unfortunately, car reviewers seem also to fall into the same catagory.

It never ceases to amaze me that car manufacturers, who are spending fortunes on advertising and promotional events, are prepared to put their reputations on the line by not tackling inaccurate reporting by reviewers and journalists.  To that, one can also add unserious dealers and poor customer relations and service.

Maybe things will improve but I am not holding my breath.

WELL SAID Spantara just what I meantAnd for holding your breath I would not try that one
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top