Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As title says.
I need to replace my Discovery TD 5 and it looks as if an Antara would be a good deal.The 100,000 mile warranty and 0% discount is a big persuader for me.
I see some of you have changed from a disco and have found the Antara to be a good replacement.
I need the Antara mainly to tow my caravan as I have a newish Astra for daily use.We have always found vauxhalls to be well made and my wife drives a 2002 astra convertable and we have had no real problems with that car.
I see the Antara SE nav automatic has lots of power and torque, even more than the td5 so the only problem may be the weight of the car.
Loaded my van will be around 1,600 so is the Antara a good replacement for the disco ?

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I would say so but I'm not an expert. Checkout some of the threads in the towing section and picture gallery. The guys with vans have details of what they are towing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just come home from a Cornwall holiday with the van , towed approx 900 miles there and back and so much better than my Disco 2002, yes the economy isnt much better 21.5 compared to the disco,s 19 when towing but this is an auto and just so much more relaxed , but just to annoy me after all that motoring it did a re-gen 2 days after coming home from a 450 mile motorway run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts