Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 2.2 antara does anyone out there know where I could get the correct gasket for TB where it bolts on to the engine.Has anyone even got a picture or description of it .. is it fibre or metal? I ordered on from eBay but it’s square and the holes don’t really line up so don’t think that’s it.Think it should have lugs on it ….any assistance greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2,036 Posts
2014 2.2 antara does anyone out there know where I could get the correct gasket for TB where it bolts on to the engine.Has anyone even got a picture or description of it .. is it fibre or metal? I ordered on from eBay but it’s square and the holes don’t really line up so don’t think that’s it.Think it should have lugs on it ….any assistance greatly appreciated.
I've only ever seen the square gasket for the 2.2 A22DM engine, part number is GM96352914

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Victor the Vauxhall superstore sent me a diagram of the gasket and it looks like a circular object.There is a rubber seal no inside the elbow pipe and I think this is what they are depicting but the mating face of the TB looks as if it requires a paper gasket.

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Victor please look at the attached ..I think that’s the bugger bottom right !

View attachment 132
That's a pic of the A22DM inlet manifold with the swirl flap actuator on the top and the throttle body flange at the lower R/H side with the 4 holes. Any parts catalogues I've seen showed the 96352914 gasket but the CATCAR.INFO shows a circular sealing ring as you depicted. Confusing? You bet.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think a traditional gasket would be used to join a metal TB to a plastic inlet manifold.The TB bolts only go up to 10 nm which isn’t much ,would that be enough to compress a paper gasket. Looks like I’m just going to have to remove it and see what the hell IS in there.

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Do you think a traditional gasket would be used to join a metal TB to a plastic inlet manifold.The TB bolts only go up to 10 nm which isn’t much ,would that be enough to compress a paper gasket. Looks like I’m just going to have to remove it and see what the hell IS in there.
Youre inlet manifold has metal threaded inserts and yes, I do think that 10Nm is enough to compress a paper gasket sufficiently so long as it's evenly applied. Your best bet is to phone up the local Vauxhall dealer, give him the VIN or engine number and see what they say. Would be interesting to see what the sealing ring is made of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts