Antara Owners Club banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Someone on another forum I use had his fan module changed under the recall and has noticed his mpg go from 29 upto 36.

Anyone else had an improvement since the recall work.

Going to check with the dealer to see if mine requires any modification work done it if it was completed before I collected the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nope, not I...did notice the fan was roaring after I switched off today...never noticed that before..

Edited by: TisMe

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my antara in sept 13 it's a new 63 plate, got my recall letter just before Christmas so I took the car straight in, had the work done, now less than a month later the fan keeps coming on after I've turned the engine off

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I cant see them changing anything engine management wise that would effect mpg or power. Reading the info going around it looks like it was fan related.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My cars just had its first service today and I asked them about the software update, according to them my car is already running the latest software.Got to take car back to be valeted though as they did not have enough time today.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Antara recall? Not heard anything from my dealer.My Antara is a late 2012 2.2 CDTi exec Auto on Motability. Should I have been recalled?
It went for it first service last Nov 2012 and they did not tell me anything then.
Should I give them a call?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Off Road Doc said:
Hi Smarty, are you interupting a regen? The fan will run on to cool the engine if so

Agree with Doc

I have just had my regen at the weekend. It started whilst I was on the motorway, unbeknown to me, and when I got home and got out, the fan started whilst I was walking away.

This sounds like an interrupted regen. Go for a run on the motorway, keeping in in 4th gear 2500rpm or so and it should sort its self out in 20 mins.
Edited by: chrisg

·
Registered
782 Posts
murphy1 said:
scotlass79 said:
my fan also stays on sometimes after I turn the engine off but quickly winds down???
Fan stays on because the car has been trying to do a regen and not completed it.

You can also get a fan like sound from the air con compressor when you turn the ignition off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello

Can anyone tell me about the motor fan recall. we bought an Antara nearly a year ago and the fan has stopped working. its 2013 4X4 and Vauhall said there was no recall but I found postings on here.

can anyone help ?

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello

we bought an Antara 4x4 about 1 year ago manufactured Jan 2013 . the cooling fan has gone Vauhall want £1000 to fix it.

can you tell me if this was a recall and should this have been fixed as the motor fan has not been changed ?

Many thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you go to Vauxhall at https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/
You can register the car and join the service club but it will also let you see if any recalls are due, also you can view its service history on line which will show work and recalls done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 163 Exclusive AWD Auto was first reg 21.12.12 - have spoken to my local Vauxhall dealer Pentagon who have checked chassis number with their records AND with Vauxhall's and no recall has flagged up so suspect it applies to 2013 Antaras! vidmate app save insta video

101 - 119 of 119 Posts