Antara Owners Club banner
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I contacted the dealership and asked if mine needed to be updated, after checkingon the VX computersystem he advised me that my Antara wasn't on the recall list? Although I purchased mine in April 13, it was actually built in December 12. I was speaking to afriend who ownsan Antara on a 12 plate and he informed me that hisAntara delivery was delayed by 4 weeks as the whole shipment coming into the UK had to have a upgrade on the cooling/aircon system?

So I guess it's not a new problem, but I have to wonder why it has effected some and not others?

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi allhad my Antara in at Peter Vardy Kirkcalday today for the recall they said they didnt need to change any parts just do a software update . the car drives just the same but i will let you all no if im getting more MPG , when i booked my car in they said that they would do a fluids level check and wash and vacuum the car ........ they neverdid any of the above . not good customer relations i think especially when the valet er was just power washing a wall when i picked my car up

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put my car in for the recall work today. Took about an hour and a half, and according to the service manager the software update is a "fairly significant" one. Can't say I have noticed any "significant" differences so far, but we'll see. Took the chance to have a chat with the service manager and a couple of technicians/mechanics about our old friend the DPF, and they confirmed what we have worked out - the ecu is programmed to initiate a regen every 500 miles, give or take a few miles either side. It matters not a jot whether you drive with a heavy or light foot, mainly town, country or motorway miles, the car will regen every 500 miles regardless. They said that the only thing you can influence is the length of time it takes to perform the regen - apparently if you can maintain at or above 3000 rpm it should only take 10 minutes to complete. Possible if you are on the open road, but not much use around town.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi TisMe

can i ask you how old your Antara is ?
Because i had my Antara in for the recall this week and i am concerned as they only did the software update as they said it did not need the part
so my only thinking is that they must have known about the fault when my car was built and the upgraded part fitted in the factory line .
And i haven't heard of anyone ells just getting a software upgrade so you can understand my worry.
2.2exclusive4x4 firstregistered1stOctober2013 build date 26ThJune

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, I found it odd that you apparently don't need the part.

Mine is an SE Nav AWD, delivered in the last week in August this year, tracked through manufacture, I think the build start date was late May, can't remember for sure. Not far off yours.

I suggest you ask VX care if this is to be expected, or even the garage to explain why no part.

I'm told they did the software update, but it needs the part..

Edited by: TisMe

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi thanks for the advicei will do that our Antaras build dates are to close for them not to change the part on mine i will let you no how i get on i will phone them tomorrow

·
Registered
91 Posts
To take a logical view.

We could assume it's the software update that corrects the problem, and the fan control unit is only being changed if it shows signs of adverse wear by overheating.

But that's just a logical guess and even if right, puts the onus on the mechanic spotting damage that may or may not be plainly evident..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi this is the email i received today for my question to Vauxhall care about why i never had the fan module control unit replaced and only a software update .

Dear Sir / Madam<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Thank you for your email received on 19 December 2013 regarding your Vauxhall Antara.<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Please be advised the vehicle that replacement of the Electrical Fan Module is only required when the module is identified as defective, if the electrical fan module is replaced a software update will also need to be carried out.<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">If you have any further queries regarding this issue please respond directly to this email, alternatively please call us on 0844 3690112, quoting your Service Request number 489214-745973893.<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Yours sincerely<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Joanne Shiel<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Customer Service Manager<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Vauxhall Customer Care<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">This email has been sent from General Motors Limited<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Registered in England 01682792<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Registered Office : Griffin House, Osbourne Road, Luton, Beds, LU1 3YT, Telephone: 0844 369 0112<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">VAT Number 382 1581 51

·
Registered
213 Posts
It only seems like a few weeks since I was last doing this, but here I am sitting in PV Kirkcaldy drinking crap coffee once again! Here's hoping the recall software update will match my car and I can go home after this monotony.

-LaZ-

EDIT: All done in just over an hour!
It must have been a biggie as the Bluefin didn't recognise the ECU. New map created by Superchips and downloaded this morning, now all good to go again!Edited by: Lazarus

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I just sat in Belmont Chevrolet for my husbands Captiva jus 15 min shy of three hours waiting on a warranty job as his turbo pipe had something wrong with it thank god I downloaded stuff from BBC I Player my ass is sore and I am all coffee'd out

·
Registered
91 Posts
kenny said:
Hi this is the email i received today for my question to Vauxhall care about why i never had the fan module control unit replaced and only a software update .

Dear Sir / Madam<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">
...Please be advised the vehicle that replacement of the Electrical Fan Module is only required when the module is identified as defective, if the electrical fan module is replaced a software update will also need to be carried out<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Yours sincerely...<br style="color: rgb69, 69, 69; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">
Most odd, software update if the module is defective.

It doesn't sound right to me, I could list a number of reasons why but I'm sure I don't need to. I must try to get hold of the actual technical bulletin to know the exact instructions..

Edited by: TisMe

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've always been happy with the way it drives, it's possible I've always had the right software but maybe some haven't, perhaps they hid this under the fog of the recall..

·
Registered
23 Posts
had my 63 platein for the recall around mid November. been driving lovely and have had no problems at all since up until the last week or so. dreaded dpf light is back on now flashing and beeping. its coming on every few days and is really starting to annoy me now.

I have rang the dealer. got it booked in for Tuesday. I have told them I want the issue sorting this time. they have said its either another fault or the way I drive the car.

what are my options on how to move forward if dealer advises that its the way I am driving the car, which is what I suspect will be their verdict? I have signed the dpf form when I picked up the car but at no point throughout sales process was this ever discussed.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts