Antara Owners Club banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi to all just had the same letter today about the recall for ELECTRICAL COOLING FANS MODULE and SOFTWARE UPDATEphoned petervardykirkcaldaythey said i could book it in any day but i would need to leave it for more than the 2 hrs on the letterin-factthey wanted the car from no later than 1o'clockso it will go inMondayabout 10 AM.<div id="yui_3_7_2_27_1386621139132_123" ="yui_3_7_2_27_1386621139132_122">2.2exclusive4x4 firstregistered1stOctober2013 build date 26ThJune1900 miles
<div id="yui_3_7_2_27_1386621139132_123" ="yui_3_7_2_27_1386621139132_122">will let you no how i get on

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Mine just took just over an hour and I waited on it it makes them go faster

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yep mine took just over an hour and I didn't wait because the other half wanted to see the new style Morrisons warehouse style shop next door to the garage.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The other half drove today for the first time since the mod and she commented on how much smoother quieter and quicker the engine was, lets hope its more efficient as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've not had the recall letter but was just wondering if a software update is being done for those that haveand as people are saying it makes the car drive better should not all Antara's at least have the software update done?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The update is I think because a new model it being put onto the car so the system will need updated to that new part, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
86 Posts
wilma08 said:
The update is I think because a new model it being put onto the car so the system will need updated to that new part, if that makes sense.
But how will just having an update to the fan module make the car drive better? That's the bit I can't understand Wilma

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Me neither as I have not noticed yet although my car had it done yesterday.
Also no idea about the cruise control for you sorry the only problem I have with it is that it blinking comes on when using the indicator , which is the only bug bear I have with the car so far

·
Registered
91 Posts
Took it back today for "the part" to be fitted, it hadn't arrived and is shown as out of stock, back-ordered and with no delivery date..

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Did you complain to them and phone VX customer care

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, and yes, VX care didn't see it as a big problem as it's not a safety recall and the roll out scheduled to be completed by 30th December, they say it's a fix for an intermittent functional fault in the fan control.

I'll try other local dealers tomorrow..

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
TisMe said:
Yes, and yes, VX care didn't see it as a big problem as it's not a safety recall and the roll out scheduled to be completed by 30th December, they say it's a fix for an intermittent functional fault in the fan control.

Was it booked in then ( daft question I know ) then email a complaint and escalate it to the director about poor service and also to the dealer principal of the car company, I know I would

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine booked in on Monday . Antara diamond new end of June . Needs new cooling module ,not available till 19th dec . Technician advises car not to be driven for safety reasons . Vauxhall supplied hired car till then . No a happy boy .

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Bri said:
Mine booked in on Monday . Antara diamond new end of June . Needs new cooling module ,not available till 19th dec . Technician advises car not to be driven for safety reasons . Vauxhall supplied hired car till then . No a happy boy .

Hi i am up the road from you were are you booked in for the car i went to Falkirk have you tried the other dealers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi , No did not try other dealers . Assumed it was a shortage all over as service desk said part was not available in uk . Car at Evans Halshaw sighthill .

·
Registered
91 Posts
wilma08 said:
TisMe said:

Was it booked in then ( daft question I know ) then email a complaint and escalate it to the director about poor service and also to the dealer principal of the car company, I know I would
Yes it was booked, they were expecting the unit to be there by then, it didn't turn up, out of stock.

I'm not too fussed, didn't even know there was a problem until the recall arrived, travelled 2500 miles to date with no issues during warm weather, why would I now expect it to supernova any moment?

Vauxhall say it's not critical just due to intermittent operation..

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
TisMe said:
wilma08 said:
TisMe said:

Yes it was booked, they were expecting the unit to be there by then, it didn't turn up, out of stock.

I'm not too fussed, didn't even know there was a problem until the recall arrived, travelled 2500 miles to date with no issues during warm weather, why would I now expect it to supernova any moment?

Vauxhall say it's not critical just due to intermittent operation..
Bri
Has been told not to drive it look at the post

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have the car . Garage insisted on keeping it . Don't really understand . Starting to worry if damage has been done

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bri said:
I don't have the car . Garage insisted on keeping it . Don't really understand . Starting to worry if damage has been done
I wouldn't think so for a moment, the worst that can happen if the fan fails, is that the engine temperature may rise to a threshold that the engine management computer will raise the alarm and perhaps shut down the engine. There'll be warning lights and buzzers a plenty.

A fan, like any other component, could fail in normal operation, even though we don't have a temperature gauge it'll be protected against catastrophic results by the system.

Your technician is perhaps being cautious, or perhaps took the old one out before finding there wasn't a new one to put in.

From my point of view, do I trust a garage technician or the manufacturer, I have to go with the manufacturer..

61 - 80 of 119 Posts