Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else heard of the Antara setting on fire?

I am a Motability customer and sourced my new Antara in November last year 2012, 2 weeks ago whilst driving this car I noticed smoke coming from under the bonnet, so I pulled over and parked up on a side street, I frantically began to call my local Vauxhall dealer but when a passer-by banged on my window and told me to get out of the vehicle as it was on fire, I proceeded to get out of the vehicle and within seconds the front of this car was a towering inferno. I am still awaiting inspections from both my insurance company and Vauxhall.
Neither of which seem to be doing anything with any urgency.

Do we think this may be the same problem the Vauxhall Insignia had?!!!Edited by: jaynebagshaw

·
Registered
31 Posts
How many miles had you done in it?

Glad everyone is ok, not heard of any problems myself so could be a one off, I've hear it happen with other new cars as well (BMWs etc) so I don't think it's a common thing.

I've done 20k on mine now with no issues at all.

Please keep us updated as to the cause.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience - it must have been frightening.

Isn't it typical ?
They are quick enough to take your money from you but when it comes to sorting out a problem they seem to sit back and hope it will go away.

Have your insurers provided you with another ( similar ) car ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hope you get things sorted and you find out what caused it.

Insurance companies are awful institutions to deal with - time for the government to get to the core of the industry and get things sorted for the consumer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's true what they say about insurance companies you never find out how good they are until you make a claim.

Thankfully I've never had to claim for the car but I did for one of the dogs. He had hip displacer and earlier on set arthritis (he's only 2 years old) just over £6000 claimed over 3 months which consisted of x-rays operations injections pills etc and all paid within 2 weeks of claiming. Did they put the premium up this year I hear you ask well yes of course they did by a whole 75 pence a month. So impressed with More Than that I have everything with them now.
Edited by: 2Dogs

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wonder if the fire was caused by the DPF doing a regen.

We all know it gets very very hot when doing it.
Lets hope they get to the bottom of what caused yours

·
Registered
213 Posts
What was the outcome of this? It's been a while now and I notice we have a new thread emerge with the same type of incident...

I hope it isn't a trend!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Did you ever find out what caused the fire?
Did you contact the manufacturer for advice?

I face same problem over a week ago and waiting for the fire department report

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have to say, I've noticed that while starting a DPF regen that the car runs really hot under the bonnet. Seeing pics like this actually make me worry....not good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know its very worrying indeed! After doing a bit of digging i have found this is the fourth car thats has set alight (that i know of) not nice spending the best part of £17000 and not being able to trust it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts