Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking for some advice - 61 reg Antara with black oil in expansion tank - trying to remove oil cooler and got the hoses off and have a little coolent and black oil about 2/3 litres in bucket below. its looking difficult to remove oil cooler - I can see the fixings for the cooler but thinking is it easer to remove complete oil housing but it looks difficult also (dont think I can get it from above) any advice would be appreciated (maybe head has blown but its not creamy oil just back) expansion tank full of black oil and truck is starting no problem no smoke etc.

Antara is in good condition bodywork but stuck in back of my garage for months!

cheers
A

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi I have had the same happen to my antara .its the oil cooler had it replaced flushed the water a few times .cars fine but still get a bit of oil in header tank I just put a sponge in and take the oil out

·
Registered
5 Posts
forgot to say when flushing the water out you must put a none bio detergent (liquid) in the water and flush it out a few times more the better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgot to say when flushing the water out you must put a none bio detergent (liquid) in the water and flush it out a few times more the better
Hi thanks for the reply, any clues on how to change to oil cooler or did you get yours fixed in a garage, I can get under my Antara and can see oil cooler but no space to remove - looks like removing complete oil filter assembly and oil cooler - but not so sure!
thanks

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Those two water hoses that you took off, just join them together with a piece of pipe and bypass the oil cooler altogether. You don't really need the oil cooler in UK temperatures and the bypass will stop oil and water mixing..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those two water hoses that you took off, just join them together with a piece of pipe and bypass the oil cooler altogether. You don't really need the oil cooler in UK temperatures and the bypass will stop oil and water mixing..
Hi Victor, would the oil still not leak out of the oil cooler given the water pipes have been removed and joined. Not sure how the oil cooler works to be honest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts