Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of interest what is the best mpg you have achieved on a full tank? My pb so far is just over 48mpg in my 2wd Diamond 2.2cdti.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That's very good for a tank of fuel.Today I have been driving round from job to job,mainly motorways/duel carriageways at 55 mph,just enjoying the day and my average for the day is 56mpg covering 147 mls. This will obviously drop when I start dropping daughters off, here, there and everywhere

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got around 46mpg on a straight run from Sheffield to York

·
Registered
92 Posts
42 mpg 2.2 AWD manual model till the DPF cycle started and then ended up at 39mpg for the tank . I did notice if I reset the computer immediately after a regen cycle I appear to get really good economy until the next time I restart the engine . It's almost as if it runs really lean on completion of the regen but then goes back to normal on the next restart ? Anyone else noticed this or am I imagining it ?! On the last 3 tanks I've averaged 29 mpg but the traffic into work and back on the M60 has been awful for a good while

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why is the 4wd model so much worse on fuel than the 2wd model? I could understand if the 4wd was permanent but it isn't. I guess it will weigh more but not so much that it would knock off 10mpg.

My overall average for just over 5,000 miles is just under 42mpg. That is brim to brim manual calculation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts