Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
How did you find the Antara in the snow?. I was over the lake District at the end of Feb beginning of march, when the news was saying that most of the roads were covered in snow. I thought the Antara coped brilliantly in the snow, we never had a problem. When i turned off the A66 on the side roads, the snow was a lot deeper as i went into the countryside, and there was a Merc(dont know what model it was) sliding everywhere. The car looked like bambi on ice. The driver looked scared stiff, I stopped and asked if they were ok,and if they needed a hand. As they were ok i just drove away. I bet they wish they had a proper car!!!!!!
Richie

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was down the road from the Yad Moss ski tow near Alston.

There wasn't any snow on the roads there to test out the antara but we had a foot of snow middle of January and had a newborn baby so did the 3am run to asda for some bits we'd forgotten to buy and it coped no problem don't know if the 4x4 kicked in or not as never had a problem pulling away

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lmao....we pay all this money and dont notice the 4X4...Same here. My first so looking for miracles out of know ware I suppose...

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Antara is rubbish in the snow compared to our Discovery 3.
No where in the snow is the Antara on a level playing field with the Disco. Although in fairness for a soft roader it does OK.

·
Registered
233 Posts
antara184 said:
The Antara is rubbish in the snow compared to our Discovery 3.
No where in the snow is the Antara on a level playing field with the Disco. Although in fairness for a soft roader it does OK.
The Antara is capable in the snow, I have had no problems. Of course if you compare the Antara to a Discovery then it is "rubbish" in comparison. If you compare a Mitsubishi Evo x to a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 it is rubbish !!!..............Different cars...different roles....different capabilities

·
Registered
220 Posts
Off Road Doc said:
The Antara is capable in the snow, I have had no problems. Of course if you compare the Antara to a Discovery then it is "rubbish" in comparison. If you compare a Mitsubishi Evo x to a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 it is rubbish !!!..............Different cars...different roles....different capabilities
And, importantly, different tyres perhaps?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I doubt anyone buys an Antara type of car to be a heavy duty off road vehicle.
I got the Antara to cope with the bad winterweather conditions we get up here most years. I will only rarely take the car off road, and then only on established farm tracks.

As I only got my car at the endof March, I have had very little chance to test how it copes with a bad winter. What little snow we had after I got the car was no problem for the Antara.

This is about as close to off road as I'm likely to get. This was during the late snow fall we had earlier this year.

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/-XoPAfDAWzY[/TUBE]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts