Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I don't want to make this post a complaint one and will try my best not to rant! BUT I really need some help here.
I bought a vauxhall Antara 2.2 cdti 4x4 on a 12 plate and I love the car! It does absolutely everything I want, it pulls my caravan extremly well. I have two labs and it's great for them, they have lost of space in the car!

So here is the help part, over the two and half nearly three years I have had problem after problem with the car!
Just to give you an idea of them, less than 6 months I to ownership my ABS sensor had broken on one of my wheels, this meant no ABS or 4x4 system. So thought nothing of it, I took it in and eventually got sorted, took the garage well over a month to fix.
Then I started getting problems with the handbrake to the point of no handbrake at all so again took the car in and it took nearly a month to fix, and I didn't think I would get any more problems.
Then again I was travelling to work with my wife and if was raining, put the wipers on and they went into a spasm and broke!! I couldn't believe it so again took it back and the garage held onto the car for a few weeks. Eventually it was fixed but while they were fixing the wipers on the front they found that's the front window wasn't on it seal so when they started breaking the car the front wind smashed due to the pressure!!! So I also got that replaced!
Now after all that I thought I was at the end of my problems but no I now don't have any top middle brake light! These are LEDs so shouldn't fail within two yrs.
Well I have to be honest here and say I'm worried as I have a leakage on the back suspension!!! I think from what I can see the hydrolic suspension Is leaking and also creaking, that isn't my worry tho, my worry is I am going away in less than three weeks and I might not have my car back.

help please, is there any way I can complain about this car? I have spoken to vauxhall help centre numerous times and been fobbed off with two £150. Vouchers which to be honest is crap for the amount of hassle I getting.
What do you lot think I should or could do??

Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than stick at getting the repairs being nearly 3 years old any chance to reject etc are gone, keep raising you points to Vauxhall maybe they will offer you a bit more, seems you just have an unlucky run on parts breaking, I have a 13 plate and its started making creaking noises from the rear suspension when I turn hard left at low speed, especially if the road level changes as you turn. Will ask them to take a look at service as its not a big deal at the moment.
If you going away and your not towing I would ask for a curtesy car and use it, if you towing and need your car you will have to push the dealer hard to get it fixed..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts