Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased 2wd Antara Exclusiv 2.2 cdti ( 14 plate). BC function is not working and my Vauxhall dealership informs me that it can't be enabled on my model of the car. The BC button when pressed does not do anything to the display screen whatsoever, not even "no function". Can anyone tell me if I can get this basic function working on my Antara. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks derfalte, excellent information. I am now in no doubt that the BC function can be enabled on my car. Just have to convince my Vauxhall dealership. If they can't manage it I will have it done privately and send them the bill!

·
Registered
17 Posts
All dealers keep saying it wont be possible because otherwise they couldnt sell BC for extra money and everyone would just buy the selection and get the upgrades like BC or cruise control way cheaper.
Only thing I'm missing is the range in BC display / would be great if you could post some pics as well to show how BC looks on your display and if you got range displayed.
Thx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi DerFalte, thanks very much for taking time to help me out!

Can I confirm before I go to my dealership tomorrow:

Utilise Tech2 in Astra J mode rather than 2014 Antara.
Set the display one number higher to 02
BC function can then be enabled?

Anything else I need to know before I hit them with this information?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, the BC function is now working. Work was done by Vauxhall after them telling me this was impossible! They used diagnostic tool Tech2 In Astra H mode and had to try a few years before it connected on year 2010. I do not have range function but everything else is working on BC 1 and BC2. Thanks for all your help. Gordon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi interesting to hear about the BC activation. I have a 14 plate 2wd diamond,I would like to have the BC function so at least I have an idea when a regeneration of the dpf is taking place.at the moment my only indication is the start stop not working. No dpf issues or warning lights up to now, but you end up being paranoid. Did your dealer charge you for the activation? How long did it take?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi smoke eater, my dealer did not charge. Initially they told me that it couldn't be done but after I told them how to do it the job only took 5 mins. The regeneration of the DPF does not indicate to my knowledge? I had the DPF warning light flashing a few days ago and I took it on the motorway above 2000 revs for 15 mins and it went out. The BC function only gives quite basic info like average fuel consumption, timer etc. The "range" thing also kicks in when it calculates your fuel is low and counts you down from 50 miles driving left. I take it you are a Firefighter with a name like that! Cheers. Gordy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Gordy. You guessed right, retired two years ago miss it like hell. Thanks for your reply,think I will have a trip to my dealer with all the info off the forum. From what I can tell from other threads the fuel consumption figure goes haywire when a regen is taking place then returns to normal when finished. At least if you noticed it you could avoid interrupting a regen. Cheers again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.