Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to pick my antara up from Pentagon Vauxhall in Sheffield on Friday its a 57 Reg 2.0 CDTI 150 engine,
I have asked them to find out if it is a cam belt or cam belt and as of yet they have not got back to me. if it is a belt i'm considering getting them to change it befor I pick it up on friday

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
justy been told by the dealers were i'm getting the car from that it is a cam chain????

·
Registered
28 Posts
was that just 70k any age or was there a car age ? ie 60k or 5 years?

i have a 2007 antara with 38k , muleage low but over 6 years old.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi I could'nt really say whether its year or mileage I was told from another memberAndy on this forum thats its 70000 but to be on the safe side for £350 I would have it changed due to its age better safe than sorry.
sorry can't be more helpfull

brian

·
Registered
104 Posts
enquisiter said:
was that just 70k any age or was there a car age ? ie 60k or 5 years?

i have a 2007 antara with 38k , muleage low but over 6 years old.
I have just checked my service book. For the 2.0D engine, the cam belt and tensioners should be changed at 60,000 miles or 6 years. whichever comes first.

Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , I have just bought an antara it's a 62 plate with 13000 miles and I was just wondering about timing belts when I found this site Hello all and any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The 2.0 litre engines have atiming belt. The 2.2 litre engines are timing chain which lasts the life of the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts