Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone come across the £29-99 fee to maintain the Vauxhall 6 yr anti corrosion warrantee.
I see that I can register my car for free to maintain the lifetime warrantee

ONLINE SERVICE BOOKING><t></t><table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" ="vauxhallwidth"=""><t><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" ="#ffffff"=""><t></t><table width="49%" align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" ="vauxhallwidth"=""><t><tr><td width="49%" align="center" style="padding: 10px 0px 20px 20px;" ="table-drop"=""><t></t><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><t><tr><td height="470" valign="top" style="padding: 14px;" ="#f9ddcf"=""><t></t><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><t><tr><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 20px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 17px; font-weight: bold;"> SERVICING WITH A
VAUXHALL RETAILER

</td></tr></t></table><t></t><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><t><tr><td valign="top" style="padding: 7px 5px 0px 17px;">
</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> Book your service and or free reactivation check

</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="padding: 7px 5px 0px 17px;">
</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> Bring your service book only.

</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="padding: 3px 5px 0px 0px;">
</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 100;"> We know your ownership details and that your vehicle has enjoyed genuine parts fitted by Vauxhall trained technicians

</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="padding: 3px 5px 0px 0px;">
</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 100;"> Your six year Anti-Corrosion warranty is automatically maintained as part of our manufacturer's service. </td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table><t></t><table width="49%" align="right" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" ="vauxhallwidth"=""><t><tr><td width="49%" align="center" style="padding: 10px 20px 20px 0px;" ="table-drop"=""><t></t><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><t><tr><td height="470" valign="top" style="padding: 14px;" ="#ebebeb"=""><t></t><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><t><tr><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 20px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 17px; font-weight: bold;"> SERVICING OUTSIDE
THE NETWORK

</td></tr></t></table><t></t><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><t><tr><td valign="top" style="padding: 7px 5px 0px 17px;">
</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 100;"> Book your free reactivation check.

</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 100;"> Bring your service book and V5 vehicle registration document.

</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 100;"> This needs to show that you have complied with our recommended service intervals, and include the details of parts and grade of oil used.

</td><td style="text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-family: Arial , Helvetica , sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: 100;"> Your Vauxhall Retailer can also carry out an Anti-Corrosion inspection for just £29.99 to maintain your six year Anti-Corrosion warranty </td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table>

Edited by: chrisg

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diamond Dave said:
The inspection is free if your service is done by a Vauxhall garage thats why on your on line service booking there is a green tick on left of booking info.
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Block Exemption on Car Servicing should do away with Anti competition practices like this. In my experience All car service companies will normally do a check before a service and they would willingly confirm they have checked the car for corrosion or Panel Damage so for Vauxhall to insist that this is carried out by them would be in Breach of Block Exemption rules 2010. Currently confirming with Vauxhall that they will allow another service agent to complete the inspection and tick the book and that this would continue my Anti Corrosion Warranty . Will let you know their response.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car was done at the same time as the service. The main dealer did it for me.
I think if you have your car serviced at an independent garage with VX parts and to the VX schedule then your warranty and ant corrosion warranty will have to be registered at the main dealer for £29-99. Also if you come to claim on your warranty for a high value item ( I have had to have a new gearbox) I think that VX will ask you to prove that your parts were genuine VX and it was serviced to their schedule. I'm sure that they would not make it easy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok i have just been reeding this post and i have decided to go away from VX for servicing and now going to use a different garage. I have set up a cheaper plan but will give me everything that VX will give, and to be honest i dont like VX garages as they have your car nearly all day when a service only takes a few hours and the techies are not that good!
I have had alengthy conversation with the garage about the 29.99 charge and they have quoted the same as fourvees and they shouldnt be doing it.
I am sure at some piont ill need to get more work done under warrenty as my back door is starting to rust so they should treat me equal to any other person who uses VX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.