Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
New to the forum (viewed a few times prior to buying) and just got my Antara 5 days ago. It's a 62 plate exclusive, 2012 version I think as it's got a CD30. Really like it so far, need to work out how to use the stereo etc. as it's pretty different to my old car.

Dealer didn't seem to know but it's an AWD version (according to the insurer's database and has 4x4 on the back), got the blacked out rear glass and front / rear parking sensors. Presume AWD is always on and just kicks in when needed?

The only thing I'm missing so far from my old car is Bluetooth built in, can this be retrofitted? I phoned the dealer today and they said it can't when I asked if the CD30 could just be swapped to the CD40 as it has all the controls etc.

Anyone have any insight on this? I could obviously get a parrot but would prefer to use the steering wheel controls.

Only other thing is the electric handbrake seems to stick sometimes, particularly first thing in the morning - is this just a getting the point at which it releases correct?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you taking the brake off with the switch or just pulling away with it on. I always turn it off manually as it drags when using auto . It puts a lot of strain on the drive train and as are car was a demo I took the discs off and they were full of brake dust from the shoes . It is only a hand brake so must of come from pulling away with it on.
Cannot help with the bluetooth as we have the sat nav model .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome & enjoy the Antara - I am

Not sure over the CD30 - 40, mines a 2013 SE Nav with the TouchConnect SATNAV system.
But do check Bluetooth connectivity before jumping in - with my unitfor example the Bluetooth connection works, but not all the Steering Wheel controls will operate.
I can use the phone, but cannot use the press-to-talk button as the Bluetooth softwarebetween phone & unit are not "fully" compatible. Some on hereget full functionality other likes me don't. It really does appear hit & miss between both the Phone & Unit. You'll find plenty of threads on here that will help.

Again, not sure over Handbrake, my auto break disengages as soon asI hit the revs, handbrake has not dragged yet - well it has but only because the muppet driving forgot to apply the accelerator pedal!!! I'm getting to that certain age!!!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, handbrake wise I'm sorted. I've started just taking it off myself, seems easier and from a person who knows little about cars seems better than it "popping off" itself (that's what it does in my head!).
Re the Bluetooth, I've tried to sync my phone and nothing comes up. Online research has told me the CD30 has no Bluetooth and I can't find any option on the menus in the car to get it working so I'm 100% sure I don't have it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Clipper, it is very easy to retrofit a new double din audio unit with touch screen and Bluetooth. Clarion make some good units on the more expensive end of the scale and Eonon do on the cheaper end. They are easy to fit yourself as long as you get the right cables so you can still access all onboard functions and steering controls. Edited by: BriAnthony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts