Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi GuysJust joined, seems to be a few fifers on here!
Although i live near Dunfermline i am originally from Leeds so not a proper Fifer

I am a bit late finding this club, i found it while searching for info on DPF regens.
My Antara is a exclusive awd manual its a year old the first week of september, i just booked it in for its first service at Evans Halshaw in Edinburgh where i bought it, price is £250 btw.

Car has just done 16k miles and last week the oil service light came on briefly which is when i went searching online for more info.
When i bought the car i read the handbook and details about the DPF, as i never saw the warning light come on i assumed my driving style (approx 50 miles of mainly motorway driving) was enough to clean the filter. i did notice now and again the instant consumption would drop and it not going to 999.99 when i was coasting but it always seemed to coincide with me filling up at teso's and i thought it was their crap fuel or dodgy additives crashing the fuel computer lol

The salesman never mentioned the DPF but he did say this engine can consume up to 0.5l of oil per thousand miles which i thought wasridiculous so i kept dipping the oil for the first few thousand miles. i kept telling my mates the level seemed to be going up if anything but they all thought i was nuts! well now after reading all the different forums it all makes sense and i feel a little stupid

Anyway i love the car, tows great - i dont even notice our caravan on the back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you think there are so many Antara owners in Fife?is it something about the the natural topography of fife we all need 4x4's?
do we all tow caravans?
or living in the kingdom do we just like to look down on people

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Welcome Sparky, I am glade you love your car because that is what I keep saying I love mine to, I have a SENAV auto 184 bps white with charcoal leather 9th May 2013 no problems as yet,

·
Registered
74 Posts
"I am a bit late finding this club, i found it while searching for info on DPF regens.
My Antara is a exclusive awd manual its a year old the first week of september, i just booked it in for its first service at Evans Halshaw in Edinburgh where i bought it, price is £250 btw."

Wait for the second service! £466 with a discount and an hours free labour!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Shop around for service prices to different dealers if you can. You can get the second one for less than £300.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Sparky! Nice to see another Antara in the Kingdom. We are up at Duloch and recently bought the wife her new Antara from PV over in Kirkcaldy. Towed the Horse Box a couple of weeks ago and it was a dream. Haven't worried too much about the DPF issue myself as I have experienced very few over the 2.2K miles we have driven. I regularly add Wynn DPF cleaner and/or Redex Diesel stuff but I'm not sure it actually helps that much - don't care anyway, we bought the car to meet a need and it is doing just that. Enjoy, see you on the road!

-LaZ-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts