Antara Owners Club banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
vauxhallbitz said:
Thanks, what do you mean by your instant mpg changes, what does it change to?
The instantaneous fuel consumption when idling normally reads 0.1 but during a regen will read higher.

If you lift your foot off of the accelerator the inst consumption should go to 999 but during a regen it wont get as high as that.

You wont have any lights on the dash unless you have had several failed regens.

just drive it as normal and try not to worry unless the dpf light appears.

If you do take it on a run to complete a regen no you dont have to drive it at a constant speed just dont switch the engine off. you can leave it to idle outside your house but it will finish quicker if you go for a drive.

Again try not to obsess about the regens. I have had my Antara for nearly 3 years and do mainly town commuting and have only had the light come on 2-3 times when it did i just made sure i drove the car until the light went off and it was okay.

Get rid of the antara if you can best thing I ever did bought new Mitsubishi outlander 2013 diesel does over 40mpg round town that's at least 10 more than antara tows brilliant and goes like stink 7 seats when needed and best of all no dpf probs don't know its doing a regen . I bought Antara new and lost £12500 in 18 month still well worth getting rid pity cause Vauxhall could of made it a good car

Ouch to lose 12.5K thats a lot of miles you could have covered in Antara at a reduced fuel economy. It does not make financial sense on fuel economy alone to change. I had to change for other reasons.

Wasnt just fuel economy was back at steelers 8 times suspension transmision failing to start etc and still wasnt right and the dpf issue did my head in i will not be dictated to by a car where and when i can go etc what did you replace yours with

You will always get somebody who has a bad run with a car, the Outlander is not trouble free by any stretch, it has been subject to a high number of recals if I remember and still has a DPF system which is sensitive to short journeys and needs the same driving process to clear a warning light.
Enjoy your new car, those who have changed the Antara can join in the DPF discussions on their new forums....

sean62 said:
Mmmmmm.... Having second thoughts about our decision to buy now ,we're suppose to be picking it up tomorrow night !!!!
There is not a car made anywhere in the world that will not have a few problems now and again, no matter the price of the car.

I've had my Antara since March last year and I have had absolutely no problems with the DPF system. So I don't think you will have any more chance of having problems than you would with any other car.

Compared to my previous car, a Volvo XC70 SE Lux, the Antara has been almost fault free.

Good luck whatever decision you make.

sean62 said:
Mmmmmm.... Having second thoughts about our decision to buy now ,we're suppose to be picking it up tomorrow night !!!!
Don't see why, put over 5000m on mine since July. No worries. Mixture of town & motorway driving. All good here with dpf, no difference with my previous Seat diesels, all do the same mucky business.

sean62 said:

Heine sight is a great thing ,should have listened to my head and not my heart . This regen deal is doing my head in . So we've two options i believe .

1...Sell (not keen lose far too much money)

2... fine tune the DPF filter brick
(i like this option much better
)

Got to say my light came on on Sunday, my fault for the past 2 weeks I have been small local journeys and it has not had a run.

This is the thing nowadays. Diesel engines have changed so much over the years including emissions, and that does not make a diesel the best option for everyone. It is all down to mileage and how the car is driven. I have the 2.2 SE Nav auto on the 2013 plate, I would have prefered a petrol auto but it doesn't come in that variant, as I do need an auto. But I am and was aware of the DPF and tend to drive a mixture of roads and in all honesty the regen has never been a problem.

this is why i think folk are really going too much on it. The DPF does its job, and does it better than some other cars and not as good as others, thats just part of life. But folk need to seriously look at a diesel objectively and see if this variant really is for them.

I wouldn't swap the car, maybe later if a newer model comes out.

Mark

Having done some research on DPF systems and how they work across different cars, on balance I think the Vauxhall system is actually pretty good. Certainly wouldn't put me off getting a diesel - we cover 15k miles a year, so definitely worth it.

Had the dash board regen light come on over the weekend, my first sice I bought my car in November. I've noticed a background regen before but this is the first time I've had to take it for a run. Coincidently I was due to check on my caravan which I have in storage just off the M18. I did the run & checked on the caravan (it's battery was flat so fetched it home for recharge) it's about a 12 mile round trip & regen worked. Think I'll do this in future when it DPF needs cleaning, I do a lot of short journeys, I work only a few miles from home. Before the Antara I had a 1.5 deisel ( economical?) qashqai - on these short journeys at times I would only get 30-32 miles to gallon, go figure! Then again, they are Renault engines.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.