Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,Just sold my Antara. Before that, I owned a classic XK8. It's fair to say that during the three years I owned it, I had less problems than with the 5 month period with the Antara. I'm not one to believe in the notion of the "Friday afternoon car", but the electronics, the fittings and the reliability were abysmal. There wasn't a week of ownership that didn't see a fault with some system or part failing. I've now bought a new Mini Countryman, had it for a week and it's not let me down (Yet :) ). Thanks for your answers when I first discovered the car. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry to see you go Donnie. Its like all cars you either like them or you don't. I'm driving around in a Sharan at the moment because mine is being repaired after some idiot cut me up on a roundabout. It's o.k to drive but I wouldn't have one, to many little niggles. Had the Antarafor 16 months now and no problems with it. As Isaid you like them or you don't.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Don't get me wrong. I loved the car but it must have had a hard life before I bought it. Even the dealer I bought it from was apologetic for the amount of problems.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Donnie, didn't mean you don't like the Antara what I meant was you didn't like all that was going wrong with your car. Good luck with your MINI

·
Registered
214 Posts
We have three minis the last was a countryman diesel . The countryman was the best but still had trouble with it. The first two normal minis had trouble the first had a fire with the power steering pump and the second has a sunroof that would not open in the hot weather. The diesel was good but heavy on fuel and had the same dpf system as the antara so could be a pain as wife used it for town driving. Are they using the new 3 cylinder engine yet?
We had to get the antara as we got a cravan last year but would get another if we sold the van as the wife loves them.
We had to join the AA as bmw only want to tow to a dealer if open and not sent out engineer to fix it any old bloke in a lorry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts