Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have the dreaded intermittent alarm going off randomly, can anyone tell me...

1. Where the alarm sounder is located so I can disconnect it.
2. If taking the fuses out will stop the alarm activating at random times

Russ

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's quite often the internal movement sensors that trigger the alarm these can be overridden by pressing the disable button on the panel above the rear view mirror

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have same problem on a 2013 Senav, park up lock car walk 50yds to home and alarm goes off so have to go back to unlock car then relock and it then behaves itself.Will probably get it booked into dealer this week for them to look at it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just to let you know, antara's are renowned for the alarm going off if you double lock them straight away, it's best to wait 30 seconds before you double lock it for all the internal air circulation to calm down. If you single lock it, the internal sensors don't activate for 30 seconds after you lock, but another press activates them instantly.
When I purchased mine almost 2 years ago we had a problem with the rear quarter light window, it seemed when the glass cooled it kept setting the alarm off intermittently through the night, took a bit of finding by the engineer but they found it in the end... Edited by: Pondpaul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx if I press the button to turn off internal sensors the alarm never goes off, guess its a sensor issue, how much is it to replace these ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I turn off the internal sensor but I found out that you have to do it every time you leave car, as it turns back on by default so now have to remember to look for light on dashboard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys, had the same problem and funny enough it was the handbrake, when you press it once the car would randomly slightly move (always leave my cars in gear so it didnt roll) and alarm would go off. In my case double click solved it, its the setting for antara with caravan, when you press it twice to tighten hand brake more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts