Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have been having problems with my car alarm going off at random times of the day. The latest was 4 times last night at 1:30 in the morning. I ended up having to leave the car unlocked to get some sleep. Not ideal.

I don't know whether this is related but about 6 weeks ago the solenoid which is activated when the car is put into Park and releases the ignition key started playing up. I was having to restart the car and mess around with the gear stick to get the key out.

Took into Vauxhall last week who adjusted the solenoid (2 hours labour @ £80 an hour) and it has been ok since. They advised that if it started happening again the solenoid would have to be replaced (£136 plus labour).

However the alarm is still going off randomly.

Can anyone tell me if the two problems are connected or not. It seems lots of people have had the alarm problem but I have not seen anything mentioning the ignition key release fault.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know if this will help or lot but we used to have a Mazda that if you left a mobile phone or similar device in it then that would set the alarm off, never had it since though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We had Alarm problems, try pressing the button in the roof by the interior light switch before you lock the car to deactivate the sensors inside the car and then see if the alarm goes off.
We had our sensors replaced under warranty as they were faulty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 1000 miles I have the same problem. Alarm going off approximately 15 seconds after locking the car. I also turn off the internal sensor temporarily until the car goes into the main agents and this has stopped the problem. I wait to see what the Arnold Clark will say Tuesday 5/11/2013.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the advice. I am now turning the internal sensor off when exiting and it seems solve the problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.