Antara Owners Club banner

AdrianWsM

299 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Victor 
Hi! I’ve a 2009 2.0CDTI 5Speed Antara on 102k miles, having had the clutch/DM flywheel changed 2 years ago, and just shed another £900 on steering linkages and new rear coil springs for the Mot the gear selector has gone haywire! Very loose going into second and reverse, if indeed it does go in! It’s been looked at and the sheath/outer covering on the selector cables has come away from the fixing so the cables aren’t fixed as such so cables don’t work as they should. Vauxhall are out of stock with no imminent delivery of cables, only 6 speed cables are available from scrapped vehicles, which don’t fit, I’m just at a loose end! Any ideas on a quick fix or is it time to give up on her, especially as I see that I should be considering a timing chain change too??
I take it you've got the Getrag F23 box (or possibly the F20?) which was also fitted to the Saturn Vue. Have you tried looking for gear cables for the Vue? or checked out Ebay and Youtube for the various gizmos ie clips, bushes, springs etc to improve gearshift linkages. I know you said the outer sheaths are seperating from the inner cables and really need replaced but you never know, some improvement might help nurse it along for a while.

BTW you car has a timing belt, not a chain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.