Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife's 2013 2.2 Antara has thrown up a Fault code P02CD (Injector 1 – offset learning at maximum limit)

The car has currently been with Vauxhall for two weeks. Today they told us that all 4 injectors are faulty....!
The car has "life time warranty" (getting that renewed was a whole different trauma) but they already seem to be making moves to absolve themselves of responsibility.....

"We know what the problem is but we need to know why before we can say if thewarranty will cover it, it could be dirty fuel that's caused the problem"

Have you chaps come across this issue before. I seem to remember Vauxhall had an issue with the injectors on their vans a while back.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
Typical Vauxhall answer, sell you a lifetime warranty then blame you when you need to use it ... tell them to swivel the car has fuel filters (2 off I think) designed to prevent the possibility of dirt reaching an injector....

Edited by: SJG

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ps I think the injector issue on the vans was rain water getting into the area around the injector causing corrosion and them being impossible to remove leading to big repair bills, engine was shared with the Renault van at the time..

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Offhand I'd say you'd be lucky to get the injectors replaced under warranty, it would be different if there were numerous cases of injectors failing that were shown to be Vauxhall's liability. If the cause is contamination of the fuel system how are you going to prove it's their fault?

Cases like this (assuming it's real and not just some troll) cause me to wonder whether extended warranties are worthwhile. If you're obliged to use the Vauxhall dealer then you're locked into paying their labour charges and parts costs whereas if you knew you were paying for it yourself then you'd probably go elsewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My main reason for posting was to see if anyone else has experienced this issue, or similar before.
It would be a little odd to make a story up like this just for... what a sympathy vote??!

If the cause is contaminated fuel I wouldn't expect repair work to be carried out at the cost of the warranty company, it just seems very convenient that before they have even identified the reason for the injectors failing it automatically becomes someone else's issue.

The warranty was given to me when I bought the car from Vauxhall as part of their 100,000 warranty scheme. There are so many caveats on it it probably isn't worthwhile.
I own both a Lexus and a BMW and both cars have had to have warranty work carried out on them, there has never even been a hint of an argument. In fact Lexus replaced all 4 sets of discs and pads as a good will gesture as theelectronic hand break was sticking on and might have caused premature wear...!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Fair enough Mike but it's not the first time someone has come on reporting some problem or other and usually casting up a litany of other complaints just to generate some debate after which they're never heard of again. It's the way of the web innit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The injectors on the antara do pop up on here from time to time so they are not the best. I would ask them to show you how you have damaged them or your fuel. If they can't it's down to them to replace them.we have the lifetime warranty so it will be interesting to so how it goes if we need to use it .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As an update, we heard from the dealership just before I left work earlier. The dealership have put a claim in to Vauxhall for the work but Vauxhall are demanding evidence of the service history, this has to be proved for the warranty each year.

They don't believe the fuel filter has been changed as its discoloured. It seems the filter is only replaced every 2nd service so every 36k. The car is at approx 60k so it's had quite a lot of diesel through it since last service.

Invoices all sent with part number on so fingers crossed, will update when they deside for those interested.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I hope they sort it out for you, be interesting to know why all four failed, I would have thought one or two would have started to fail first even if it was something common to them all the likely hood of all failing at the same time would have to mean serious issues with the quality of fuel going to them. Takes me back to stories of Biro's being dropped into petrol tanks as a spite thing... The plastic disolves and buggers up carb/injectors in a short period of time

Edited by: volrider

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
volrider said:
I hope they sort it out for you, be interesting to know why all four failed, I would have thought one or two would have started to fail first even if it was something common to them all the likely hood of all failing at the same time would have to mean serious issues with the quality of fuel going to them. Takes me back to stories of Biro's being dropped into petrol tanks as a spite thing... The plastic disolves and buggers up carb/injectors in a short period of time

[
/QUOTE]

Noted for the next time some burger parks over my driveway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well just had confirmation that VX will cover all costs and that the car should be ready to collect end of the day tomorrow.
I tried to press the chap that called me to explain why there has been such a change of heart but didn't get very far. Well feeling lucky so won't complain.....
He did finish the call by saying on their health check they notice an oil leak from the sump, oh well one issue down one to go

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good news, be interested to hear why all four failed. Also I guess when you pick it up you can book in for more warranty work i.e. the sump gasket

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is what there were insinuating but didn't manage to prove in the end.
My wife's car, the antara is 3.5 years old and has approx. 55k on the clock and my car an18months 520d with 55k theyare both almost always filled up at the same station, the local one.
Maybe its the quality of the filers but they investigated for contamination in the fuel. Im guessing water, petrol and dirtin the tank, filter, pump etc.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thing is if there is dirt etc in the tank unless they fix the cause then the result will be the same in due time, ask them what exactly caused this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mike I to have a 2013 antara 2.2 also have same fault code been in garage 2 days new injectors still not fixed
Now car runs superb the only prob I have is over revs when idle now going into vauxhall see if they can fix
Has yours been fixed now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mike
I am having the same problem now with my Antara 2.2 2013
could you please tell me what did you do sort the problem out ?
please please text me with your answer in case I don't see it here
many thanks
Sam 07801709686

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mike I to have a 2013 antara 2.2 also have same fault code been in garage 2 days new injectors still not fixed
Now car runs superb the only prob I have is over revs when idle now going into vauxhall see if they can fix
Has yours been fixed now
I'm currently having the same issue on my other halfs 2.2, replaced the injector for a new unit all coded in correctly, done a static regen on dpf to help it along. Now few miles down over a couple of days and back to square 1. Did you even get to the bottom of the problem?? Any help will be much appreciated as can't keep chucking money at ifs, buts and maybes.. thanks shaun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts