Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......But not for long I am buying another one!!!!!

My Antara will be 3 years old in March and will need a service, mot and road tax it also needs a couple of tyres so the bills will soon mount up. Since its January and dealers are quiet I decided to phone about and see what deals are on offer. I had already done this a couple of months ago and the deals on offer at the time for a prereg SE NAV meant I need to put in a couple of thousand and increase of monthly payment by £30-£40 per month which I wanst prepared to do so after a couple of calls I was offered the same deal with no money upfront and and small increase of £2-£3 per month. Work that one out. I wasnt going to complain so In a couple of weeks I will be picking up another Antara.

The new one is the same model and colour as I already have I am even paying to have another roof spoiler fitted. I had considered looking at other makes and models but nothing came close to the deal for a similar spec car. I still like the look and enjoy driving my Antara so I would be stupid to not buy another one. Another advantage was I can still use all the extras I have bought. I have my racechip box, winter wheels on alloys and I have a dog guard which I can all reuse.

So in a couple of weeks I will pickup another Antara lets hope its as good as the last one has been.

Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine is 3 year old in July and will be due its first mot this year. I'll be keeping mine for a long time. By the time I get rid of mine I probably will have at least 100k on the clock! Iv grown so atttachachec to mine I wouldn't want to exchange it!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wilma08 said:
Why the same colour I noticed that they do a nice red
I quite like the new burgundy colour but none were available as a preregistration so I would have been a brand new one and the price would have went up anther £6500 so for me it wasn't worth it just to get a new reg and different colour anyway I like the white.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Antara is so much an understated car. Badge snobs should take a step back and see exactly what you get with the Antara. Its not an X5 or an Ml or even an Audi. These you see everywhere, not the Antara and because of this it stands out from the crowd.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So today was the day to collect the new Antara but in true Peter Vardy Fashion I got a call on Thursday to say the car wouldnt be ready. I wanted a boot spoiler fitted the same as my current Antara but despite 3 weeks to get it they failed again. It happened the last time when I bought my current Antara so it looks like they didnt learn their lesson and neither did I by going back and buying another car from them.

So hopefully this weekend. TBH Im not in any hurry to collect the car I just hate being messed about.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm a couple of days into owning my Antara and I've previously owned a Mercedes ML. ANTARA is such an overlooked car, but it's a lovely smooth ride much nicer than the ML and with much the same kit the ML had.

I love my white car too!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the saga continues still no Antara despite being told it would be 7-10 days to deliver the boot spoiler now nearly 4 weeks later its still not here so I will be canceling the deal on Monday and looking else where I cant really be bothered now and since this is the second time this has happened with Peter Vardy I wont be dealing with them again regardless what they offer to keep not to cancel.

They can keep it and I will deal with someone else.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sooo I called and canceled the deal even after a couple of calls from them offering me more money off to reconsider but maybe they should have did more to sort out the problems before it got to this stage.

But its worked out better in the long run. I popped into Arnolds on the way home to speak to a salesman I have dealt with before and I ended up buying another Antara!!!.

Arnold has bought another job lot of Antaras which they are going to be selling 6K off the Vauxhall retail price. The only snag is you dont get 0% finance so that cuts a bit of the 6k saving out. Anyway to cut a long story short I ended up buying the Antara I wanted from the start but didnt think I would get for the money I am paying just now.

So hopefully a some point in May I should take delivery of a Velvet Red SE Nav. This is brand new not a prereg and I got a brilliant deal so it turns out I am actually getting it for less than I was going to be paying peter vardy for the white prereg. Basically they asked me what it would take to seal the deal and I said I was happy to pay what I am just now and I didnt want to pay anymore than £200-£300 of a deposit. They came back matching the figure so it was a done deal I even got a set of mats thrown in and 12 months road tax.

I will still get an boot spoiler fitted but I will make sure they order it in plenty of time.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The colour looks really nice I think I would have went for that colour two, sorry mr white lol
Is the sat Nav still in the same place?
You got a really good deal
All the best with you New Antara

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.