Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERYONE AS PROMISED I HAVE COLLECTED MY CRUISE CONTROL STALK FROM VX

JUST FITTED IT IN LESS THAN 10 MINS AND SURPRISE SURPRISE IT WORKS

ALL BUTTONS FUNCTION PROPERLY

DEACTIVATES WITH BRAKE AND CLUTCH PEDAL

DASHBOARD ACTIVATION LIGHTS WORK TOO

WELL HAPPY WITH IT

IT IS IDIOT PROOF TO FIT

THE GENUINE VX PART COST ME £45.14 SO THIS JUST SHOWS HOW TIGHT VX REALLY ARE AS ITS NOT EVEN OFFERED AS AN OPTION IN THE SALES BROCHURE

I ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS AS A FRIEND OF A FRIEND IS A TECH GUY AT VX

IM SURE ALL 2WD OWNERS WILL WELCOME THIS NEWS

I CAN SUPPLY THE PART NUMBER AND FITTING INSTRUCTIONS IF ANYBODY WANTS IT

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not surprised,when I had an Astra Vxr I had the same thing done,it's a consequence of production line car building,it costs less to have redundant systems than not to fit them in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Griffin said:
HI EVERYONE AS PROMISED I HAVE COLLECTED MY CRUISE CONTROL STALK FROM VX

JUST FITTED IT IN LESS THAN 10 MINS AND SURPRISE SURPRISE IT WORKS

ALL BUTTONS FUNCTION PROPERLY

DEACTIVATES WITH BRAKE AND CLUTCH PEDAL

DASHBOARD ACTIVATION LIGHTS WORK TOO

WELL HAPPY WITH IT

IT IS IDIOT PROOF TO FIT

THE GENUINE VX PART COST ME £45.14 SO THIS JUST SHOWS HOW TIGHT VX REALLY ARE AS ITS NOT EVEN OFFERED AS AN OPTION IN THE SALES BROCHURE

I ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS AS A FRIEND OF A FRIEND IS A TECH GUY AT VX

IM SURE ALL 2WD OWNERS WILL WELCOME THIS NEWS

I CAN SUPPLY THE PART NUMBER AND FITTING INSTRUCTIONS IF ANYBODY WANTS IT
Good work and thanks for posting the info for the others.

You need to chat to your friends friend and ask him all the other questions the guys need to know ie displaying temp gauge on display increasing the volume of the parking sensors, we have a long last lol.Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm now trying to get info on the bc button for the 2wd. I will certainly ask questions but I can't make any promises. I don't even know the guy and never met him as he lives in Liverpool.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi. just fitted my new cruise control stalk everything works great, v/easy to do its just plug and play, also activated my bc, again easy to do if you have op-com, just reprogram infotainment code from 01 to 02,

·
Registered
54 Posts
check with dealer if fitting to prefacelift model, as facelift has electric h/b, which works of cluch switch, which is needed for c/c

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great Griffin. Can you please confirm part No. just to make sure the one posted on the thread is the one you bought. You say you got this direct from VX?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi there the part no is. GM#96673011. It is a genuine part which can be ordered at any vx dealer. Mine took about a week to arrive. Hope this helps

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi, remove 2 screws on steering shroud, remove the upper cover, push in the retaining clip on the indicator stalk and remove, fit new indicator/cruise stalk , all shld work perfectly

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi mine is 2012 model, don't think it would invalidate warranty,as everything you need for c/c is already there and programed, its simply plug and play. keep your old stalk just incase, its a very very easy job to switch them over,

·
Registered
54 Posts
cheapest pl to buy c/c stalk is from pendragon Vauxhall (shop on ebay), just email them with what you require, c/c stalk £32.50 incl pp

·
Registered
54 Posts
soz got the dealers name wrong, here is the correct one.

Hi, the cruise stalk for your vehicle will work out at £32.50 inc postage.

Kind regards

- pentagon-heritage-centre

the shop is on ebay.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts