Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

About 6 months ago I bought a 2007 Antara 2.0CDTI Auto. I am only getting 24MPG around town and on a run - no difference!

Any suggestions? I'm thinking about an ECO remap.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
2.0 model was even worse than the 2.2 but better mpg is possible. Andy on here has a 2.0 with a racechip fitted and gets 30mpg.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a manual.The folks on here who run the Auto tend to report poorer m/g
24 m/g is not good!

As Grumps suggests - investigate having a chip fitted.
You need to do some sums and calculate how long it will be before the chip pays for itself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2009 2.0 CDTIS Auto averaged 26.2 mpg over the 3 years i had it.

Correct me if i am wrong ............
the 2007 models are in the £400+ tax bracket.
If that is the case i am not sure they have a DPF.
My 2009 did hence the tax was £250+

The difference between the 2.2 and 2.0 is light years.
I average 7 mpg with the 2.2

Mat

·
Registered
104 Posts
Grumps said:
2.0 model was even worse than the 2.2 but better mpg is possible. Andy on here has a 2.0 with a racechip fitted and gets 30mpg.

As Grumps says my MPG has gone up from 28 MPG to between 30 - 32 MPG depending on how it is driven. Mine is a manual.

Performance is much better as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
8342mat said:
My 2009 2.0 CDTIS Auto averaged 26.2 mpg over the 3 years i had it.

Correct me if i am wrong ............
the 2007 models are in the £400+ tax bracket.
If that is the case i am not sure they have a DPF.
My 2009 did hence the tax was £250+

The difference between the 2.2 and 2.0 is light years.
I average 7 mpg with the 2.2

Mat
Yes, you are wrong! My 2007 has a DPF and is £250 tax bracket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So... Today I changed the filter for the K&N panel filter and put a bottle of Wynns DPF cleaner in with a full tank. I then drove 150 miles round trip to Sheffield and averaged 31mpg!!!! I could only get 24 before even on a run!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Danyorks said:
So... Today I changed the filter for the K&N panel filter and put a bottle of Wynns DPF cleaner in with a full tank. I then drove 150 miles round trip to Sheffield and averaged 31mpg!!!! I could only get 24 before even on a run!

I got 45mpg with the wynnes!! 2 adults, 2 teenagers & a child on board too!!

I've been using Millers diesel power eco max since (as I bought them both at same time) but haven't noticed any difference at all with it!

Will be going back to the wynnes for a long-term test of 1 bottle per 3 tank fillings. The car was immense on the wynnes!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
♠ChumBucket♠ said:
I've been using Millers diesel power eco max since (as I bought them both at same time) but haven't noticed any difference at all with it!

Are you saying that the figures are unchanged from the wynns, or unchanged from baseline figures before the wynns ?

I ask as i use 75ml of millers in every other tank of sainsburys fuel, and have had onenoticeable regenin four tanks of fuel.

I also note that morrisons fuel doesnt last as long, with tesco only lasting a margin more.

Wynns and millers do the same thing but the opposite way round.
wynns lowers the soot burn off temp while millers raises the cetane level in the diesel so burns hotter burning the soot earlier.

Mat

·
Registered
324 Posts
8342mat said:
♠ChumBucket♠ said:

Are you saying that the figures are unchanged from the wynns, or unchanged from baseline figures before the wynns ?

I ask as i use 75ml of millers in every other tank of sainsburys fuel, and have had onenoticeable regenin four tanks of fuel.

I also note that morrisons fuel doesnt last as long, with tesco only lasting a margin more.

Wynns and millers do the same thing but the opposite way round.
wynns lowers the soot burn off temp while millers raises the cetane level in the diesel so burns hotter burning the soot earlier.

Mat

No difference from baseline with Millers using it as per Millers instructions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not looked into this Wynns fully yet other than how it works.Is it a full bottle for a full tank, nothing for the next two tanks then bottle for full tank again ?

If so that is more expensive.

Millers £12.99 = 6.67 tanks = £1.94 per tank or 2.98p extra per litre (75ml per tank full)
Wynns £ 9.99 = 3 tanks = £ 3.33 per tank or 5.12p per litre.

72% increase.

(Halfords prices and 65 litre tank)

Mat

·
Registered
324 Posts
8342mat said:
Not looked into this Wynns fully yet other than how it works.Is it a full bottle for a full tank, nothing for the next two tanks then bottle for full tank again ?

If so that is more expensive.

Millers £12.99 = 6.67 tanks = £1.94 per tank or 2.98p extra per litre (75ml per tank full)
Wynns £ 9.99 = 3 tanks = £ 3.33 per tank or 5.12p per litre.

72% increase.

(Halfords prices and 65 litre tank)

Mat

You can get wynnes for £6.79 from ebay if you buy a 5 pack. It's also £7.49 in Wilco Motor Save.

The point is, for me the Millers doesn't change anything from normal, the Wynnes gave almost instant & undeniable results!!

Having only used the one bottle of Wynnes I can't say whether it would affect regen periods (I VERY much doubt any additive would on the Antara).

Got to be worth a punt though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.